How often to you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Every day...but I just use it as a gauge and I realise fluctuations are normal :)
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Once a month at my nutritionist's office. I know I'm following my plan, so I don't obsses about weighing myself. No pressure! :bigsmile:

Every three weeks for me ... at my Drs ... I have this thing that if i weigh in weekly .. and i have lost ... The skinny women inside of me says ... you can cheat now ... Dr wont notice .lol ... So i leave it to my Dr .... ( Chuckle ) :wink:
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Once a week - Sunday morning. Don't weigh to often you fluctuate day to day. Keep your resolve - once a week.

Good luck with your goals
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Once a week.....Friday mornings after I do my business. Panties only and no water till I weigh.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    A couple times a week just to see how I am doing. But every Monday morning I actually record it and put it on the calendar so I can see my progress.....

This for me as well.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have avoided owning scales for ages because I used to be such a slave to the numbers, completely depressed if they hadn't gone down.
    Just caved in and bought some and they're like my new toy, weighting myself every time I go to the bathroom. Which is quite a lot because i just started drinking alot of water.
    Amazing how your weight changes hour to hour , not just day to day.
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I like seeing the fluctuations, especially after a hard workout. I have gone up as much as 7 pounds in 24 hours (upped my weights and had a brutal inclined cardio session). I was 133 on Tuesday and 140 on Wednesday! I know I am not eating enough calories to gain fat, so I don't stress about it too much. I haven't gone over 140 since March and my low end of the range has been slowly and steadily getting lower, so I feel like I'm going in the right direction. I took before and after pictures and you can see the bloat of the 140 and how much my body changed after one day when I went back down to 136 or so. I think it's fascinating!
  • EllytoSkinny
    Options
    Every day, but the weekly weigh in (Thursday) is what "counts" for me.
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    I heard on Dr. Oz that it's a good idea to weigh yourself daily because then that way you are holding yourself accountable for any loss or gain. If you gain you can figure out why and make adjustments where you need to. I've been at a stand still for a month and haven't lost anything and I'm thinking of calling my dietitian but I'm also thinking of maybe getting out my jump rope and walking and doing a little jump roping at the same time.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Because our body weight fluctuates daily I like to weigh myself every morning. It. Helps me become less demoralised if I have a higher weight day and keep an eye on the overall trend as well x
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself too often I feel. That means several times a day. So I'm trying to get better. I'm getting a withings scale this week, so my plan is to only weigh myself in the morning. And I'm hoping the body fat measurement can help me stay motivated.

I also have a group that I report my weight to every Friday.
  • amonieg
    amonieg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly, weighing daily is a bit discouraging because you weight does fluctuate.
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.
    I never knew it was supposed to be a problem <shrug>
    I just watch the general 10-day trend
    :-)
    I think it's okay!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I weigh i ndaily so i can notice patterns (what effects my weight and how) but i only count the Sunday weigh in....to check for real progress...like this week water weight fluctuations were prevalent....but overall down 0.5!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, except when I forget. It's not unhealthy or obsessive for me, because I don't get too hung up on the numbers, and I can handle daily fluctuations. It's just become habit. As I was losing weight, I found that daily weighing gave me a much more accurate picture, rather than weighing once a week and not knowing if I happened to be fluctuating up or down that day. Now I'm in maintenance, it's just a handy tool to keep an eye on things.
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. I don't consider it obsessive. I also record all sorts of various body measurements every Sunday. I know my measurements are the accurate evidence of my progress.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and input that weight and day into excel so it automatically adds to my weight loss/gain graph and I can get an overall picture as to how I'm doing. I find that more motivating.
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, and I find it a great thing for me because it constantly keeps me on my toes. I've realized most of my family that weighs themselves a lot keep their weight down, and the ones who check it out every once in a while are saddened by the number.
    It's whatever works best for you, and if weighing yourself everyday is your thing, no worries :)
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning even if the scale goes down 0.2 it makes me feel good and keeps me on track. I don't want to wait a week to find out if I need to change my routine.
  • alexalaurel
    alexalaurel Posts: 27
    Options
    I weight myself every day, per the recommendation of a registered dietitian. This is not because weighing every day is accurate, but b/c it holds you accountable for your everyday decisions. For example - ate too much salt one day? You'll see it on the scale. Made a crappy decision? You'll see it on the scale. We are both well aware that weight fluctuates daily, so if it goes up, it's not like I'm going to starve myself. But with tracking my food intake, I can see how each day really makes a difference - it helps me from getting a little apathetic about my food choices. I don't track my weight on here every day though.