Cheap exercise clothes?

Options
So, I've been using old softball tournament shirts (from like ten years ago) to work out in. They are all medium and they used to fit fine, but since I've lost as much as I have, some of them are super baggy and just uncomfortable for me to wear. My shorts are the same way. They are mediums, but are getting a little loose. I am not made of money here, so if anyone could give me a place where I can buy cheap exercise clothing that is still pretty durable please share!

Thank you!

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Forever 21 is great and Primark if you can get it where you are.
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just do plain ole Hanes white cotton t-shirts. I sweat easily and so they get soaked quickly but I like clothing that actually "breathes".
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Walmart's Danskin stuff isn't bad. Kohl's Tek Gear is good, and Target has a Champion line that's great, but it's not super cheap, just cheaper.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I buy most of mine at Target. Walmart's Dankskin line is cheap, like 6 bucks for shirts.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Target has some really cute reasonably priced workout gear. They have awesome yoga pants and workout shorts.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Walmart is pretty decent
  • amberlynn2687
    Options
    If you're not afraid of wearing other people's old clothes, thrift shops are great. Super cheap and if you're planning on losing a lot of weight you won't be wearing the same size for long. Kind of silly to buy brand new clothes with each size you drop. Although if you're like me, you could go shopping in your own closet! I was lucky enough to keep all of my smaller sized clothes. It feels great to reach in a part of my closet that's been off limits for so long.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Walmart, Target and Old Navy, or Sam's Club and Costco (though they have a smaller selection). I've also found some good unused stuff on ebay with a little digging.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Target. I love what Target sells, and all well priced.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I like the danskin things from wal mart
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Walmart has some good prices, but I also like some of the Aerie by American Eagle workout clothes. If you look around enough on the website, you can find some good deals (I got an AMAZING sports bra for under $10).
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Target also. I generally check the Sunday ads and have managed to get a lot of their Champion line items on sale.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Whatever you buy be sure to bend over & see if they are sheer when you do. Sometimes the bottoms expose a lot.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Target! 10 years, Baby. Never fails.
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Walmart and thrift shops. I always walk thru the clearance racks at Walmart to see what they have. I only buy "wicking" shirts & shorts for working out because they're more comfortable.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    H&M has a great range.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Target has a good line of workout clothing. It's cheaper than most other places (except Walmart) and it lasts pretty well. I don't recommend WalMart because their stuff isn't as sturdy. Their medium impact Hanes sports bras aren't bad, but that's about it. I'm a gym rat and burn through gym clothes so i go for things that last...

Oh, and i wear black, because it doesn't show sweat...

Do not cheap out on either shoes or a decent sportsbra. This'll kill you.

Hope this helps...
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I get either the Danskin stuff from Walmart, or the Champion brand stuff from Target. Both cheap, but decent enough quality for what you pay! :)
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Walmart carries Danskin....most under $15 per piece
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just about all of my workout clothes are from Old Navy. I stock up when they're having a sale (like Stuff and Save) to save even more.

Academy has good stuff as well.