Options
misssmiles
misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
Hey everyone!
This is the story of my 2 years on MFP.
It has been quite a journey!

fatjenna.jpg
5' 3''195lbs April 30, 2010 size 18 pants

I had just moved in with my boyfriend a month away from graduating from college and I was happy.

On Halloween 2010 I was walking through Wal-Mart and I casually glanced at a book called “Eat This Not That.” This book opened my eyes to how many calories I was consuming in a single day and how this was making me unhealthy. I bought the book and began to change my thinking about food and my body. I downloaded the MFP app and started logging my food.

extrafatjenna.jpg
Halloween 2010

In January 2011 I was in a friend’s wedding. I was at about 180lbs. I was feeling great! After seeing the pictures from the wedding I decided I needed to start working out.
jennatylerschemppwedding.jpg

At first I could only do about 20min on the elliptical. As my body got accustomed to being used I started walking on the treadmill. Eventually I decided I would try jogging. I got my first runner’s high! I was hooked. I was only running at 5mph but I was running!

jennatyleratbrits.jpg
April 30, 2011 170lbs size 14 pants

In July I changed my hair to match the new me and to celebrate winning the weight loss challenge at my gym!!

newhair.jpg
155lbs size 10 pants

In August, after winning the challenge, I hit a plateau. I started working out with a trainer and devoted myself, again, to eating right. My body just wouldn’t budge. I was happy with my body and the progress I had made so I stuck with it, knowing eventually things would start changing again.

tylerjennahalloween.jpg
Halloween 2011

In December I got engaged! (my ring size went down 1.5 sizes!!) This gave me something else to concentrate on instead of my plateau. The weight started coming off again!

sweetlookonfence.jpg
143 lbs.

The stress of wedding planning, having my gallbladder removed, and teaching summer school all caused the weight loss to stop again. I changed trainers and discovered a LOVE of lifting HEAVY and interval training! I didn’t lose or gain any weight before the wedding. We had a beautiful wedding on July 7, 2012. I have never felt more beautiful in my life!

524418_10151070116264441_2060374072_n.jpg

179969_10151070116404441_411461998_n.jpg

After the excitement of the wedding, life was tough for me. I was unhappy in my job and that showed in my workouts and eating. Luckily, I discovered TurboFire and Shakeology. Through the combination of these 2 things I was able to break through my YEAR LONG plateau and finally lose the last 10lbs!

skinnynewyears.jpg
New Years Eve 2012 135lbs

I have completed 90 days of TurboFire and am now on day 50 of Insanity. I love watching my body change! I eat clean 80% of the time and have really made fitness a part of my lifestyle! I will be the first to admit that I have not been perfect on this journey. I still enjoy a burger and a beer almost once a week but I also understand that I am NOT on a diet. I made a life change and in order to stick to that change I can’t have any food off limits!

My advice for everyone starting out is that you need to love yourself first. You also need to do this for yourself. If you want to lose weight for anyone else it will not work. Don’t get discouraged after a bad day… it is just one day of the rest of your life. Use MFP and add friends! I am always open for new friends. I just ask that you write a message when you request friendship.

You can follow my journey on facebook at www.facebook.com/jennasfitjourney

gradoutfit.jpg
May 10, 2013. 5'3''135lbs. size 6.

Replies

• ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    Congratulations!! You and your hubby are sooooooo cute together!! I hope you two have a happy and healthy life together. :flowerforyou:
  • RGroenland
    RGroenland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You look amazing!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Amazing..on a day when I truly needed the inspiration. Thank you so much for posting!
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    awesme job!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Dedication high 5! You look amazing on those wedding photos!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You have done an amazing job and are a true inspiration!!!
  • LouBeeeLou75
    LouBeeeLou75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lovely transformation :smile:
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Very inspiring!
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! What an inspirational story! You looked stunning in your wedding pictures! Well done on your incredible journey!
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OMFG, You look so amazing. totally inspiring xxx
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Way to go lady! You look great :)
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love your story and your dedication. You and your hubby may just be the sweetest looking couple I have ever seen. So happy for you :)
  • jmbcab7
    jmbcab7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Way to go. Congratulations. I read this today when I thought about giving up. Thanks.

Jimmy
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great story, stunning results, AND you revealed the secret to weight-loss success--"Love yourself first!"
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well done !
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Super-great. You just inspired me! I wish the best for you and your husband!
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. It may sounds stupid but what does eating clean means?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!