5'5 sustainable weight

Options
Judging by my own experience and what I've seen on the success stories board, I've gotten the idea that roughly 130 lbs. is the lowest sustainable (like, still having lots of pleasure in your eating life, getting sweets a few times a week, and some nice big meals) for the majority of girls who are 5'5. Does this reflect your own experience/what you've seen in the weight loss/calorie counting community? Thanks!

Replies

• aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    I think so. Thats where i've found I am happiest with life... lol... if I need to get really into shape for something then I can drop another 5 lbs but overall I've found that I'm really ok with about 130-135 and still get to enjoy certain "cheat foods" when i'd like. :)
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think I was down to 120 as a young adult, but had a much more active lifestyle then. My current goal is 140, then maybe down to 130 - "depending"
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    haha I liked it when I was 145 to 155. I cant be that light I like to keep my curves.
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    150 is my comfortable weight. But my goal is 140. I always get to 150 and start eating like crap again.
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    haha I liked it when I was 145 to 155. I cant be that light I like to keep my curves.

I want to keep my curves too. I can't imagine myself without them lol
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes..agreed! I am closer to 5 6" and am happiest with my life at around 127 to 130 and keep curvy ( I have boobs and booty! )... but I want to tighten and drop a little for my wedding...but not much :)

I can eat what I want as a vegan with yummy treats and dancing 5 times a week or more and will stay at about 130..
    When I am lazy I creep up to 135 and when I am very very good I am about 125 ;)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"ish and my "happy weight" is 116. I had really nice curves (it's impossible for my body to be without curves), and ate what pleased me, including decadent pastries. I need to find that lifestyle again. Lots of dancing, lots of laughing...
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I am 5'5 and 150 lbs and 40 years old. I would love to be 135, but for now I'm aiming for 140 lbs.

MFP has given me a goal of 1430 (to net) to lose 1/2 pound a week. This is very close to my BMR (1400). I prefer to do the MFP way instead of TDEE -20% since my exercise is unpredictable. I do however try to exercise 4-5x / week. I've been eating 1430 plus any exercise calories.

How many calories are you 5'5 girls netting (or eating) to get to your goal? And what is your current weight if you don't mind me asking, lol!
  • Tishrei
    Tishrei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". Aside from when I was pg, I've been happy at 122 until last year when I gained some weight pushing me up to 130. That's where I am now and my goal is 122. I've got small curves on top so I want to keep the rest of me small too. At 130 I just look (and feel) dumpy and lumpy.

ETA: I'm eating 1200 and exercising a bit
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2" and I feel best when I'm about 125. I've been between 130-135 for the last year though and I hate it. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 123 about a year ago but it only lasted for about a week. I run three miles a day and am eating much better but my body seems to be happiest between 130-135, even though I don't like it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I've been easily and happily maintaining at 130 pounds for over 2 years! I eat 1700 calories PLUS any exercise cals I earn. That usually gives me plenty of room for all of my favorite foods - I love pasta and I like to bake a lot. I think each body's sustainable "happy" weight is different, though. :flowerforyou:
  • CatMcCheesey
    CatMcCheesey Posts: 143
    Options
    150, because my boobs and butt are gonna be big no matter what I do.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...MFP has given me a goal of 1430 (to net) to lose 1/2 pound a week. This is very close to my BMR (1400). I prefer to do the MFP way instead of TDEE -20% since my exercise is unpredictable. I do however try to exercise 4-5x / week. I've been eating 1430 plus any exercise calories...

This sounds exactly like me when I was losing. It worked like a charm by the way!
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    It's totally different for different people, more muscle can mean more weight but smaller pants lol ... And a D cup definitely means a difference on the scale from an A cup. - I'm 5'6 and my easy to maintain weight was 135, but then I started doing a lot of weight training and the scale went up, I'm trying to balance toning and muscle gaining with fat loss, but sometimes that number on the scale just isn't what changes for me :) I have friends too who weigh less than me but wear two sizes bigger in pants, so long story short, measure yourself more than focusing on the number on the scale :)
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ...MFP has given me a goal of 1430 (to net) to lose 1/2 pound a week. This is very close to my BMR (1400). I prefer to do the MFP way instead of TDEE -20% since my exercise is unpredictable. I do however try to exercise 4-5x / week. I've been eating 1430 plus any exercise calories...

This sounds exactly like me when I was losing. It worked like a charm by the way!

Awesomeness!! Thanks for chiming in! :smile:
  • nevadjinn
    nevadjinn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much for your responses! this gives me a better idea of the sustainable range/individual variation within that range :D