did anyone else go of there diets this weekend?

Options
hey so this weekend i went a little off my diet and had foods that were not healthy! but i stepped on the scale and i didnt gain! i have one more even to go to so im pretty sure i might go off a little bit and eat something i wouldnt normally eat! anyone else ?

Replies

• scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet. I'm just eating an appropriate amount of reasonably healthy foods. Not being on a diet makes it way easier to not go off of it.

Honestly, I hate this mentally: the idea that there are things that are "on" and things that are "off" and if I eat something "off," I've somehow done something bad. I eat plenty of indulgent things all the time, and sometimes I go over my calories, and it's no big deal, because the next day I won't. You don't magically gain ten pounds because you had a slice of cake or a few extra slices of pizza. You gain weight through a continual pattern of poor eating and lack of exercise. Focusing on the big pictures makes it a lot easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle long term.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This has been a hard weekend for me- I went way off yesterday. First time really in a few months. Taking today hour by hour. (. Sigh). It's never ending, isn't it?
  • susan749
    susan749 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We had a death in the family and there were 3 days of food brought in. Don't know why, but I guess it is stress, but just ate way too much. We are going to be with family again this week so hopefully I will do better.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    NOPE. I want this so bad, not even delicious bbq foods are going to stop me. I've allowed myself a small treat at the end of each day, but I made sure they fit in my goals, and I only had ONE.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet. I'm just eating an appropriate amount of reasonably healthy foods. Not being on a diet makes it way easier to not go off of it.

Honestly, I hate this mentally: the idea that there are things that are "on" and things that are "off" and if I eat something "off," I've somehow done something bad. I eat plenty of indulgent things all the time, and sometimes I go over my calories, and it's no big deal, because the next day I won't. You don't magically gain ten pounds because you had a slice of cake or a few extra slices of pizza. You gain weight through a continual pattern of poor eating and lack of exercise. Focusing on the big pictures makes it a lot easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle long term.
    KmE27SP.gif
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    I did....just a bit.....its tough but going to work out and get back at it tomorrow
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Totally this.
    I can guarantee that most of those who consider this 'a diet' and who view themselves as having done something bad, or having failed, each time they go over this manmade calorie goal, or eat something less than 100% natural, will be the ones crawling back to mfp, saying they regained most or all of the weight.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My eating is not a diet, it is a lifestyle! So therefore no!! I don't keep unhealthy food in my house and I don't eat out!!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    on purpose, gotta love cheat days!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Do ou expect it to show up on the scale immediately?
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    well by definition your diet is what you regularly eat (whether healthy or not) so yeah I did a little, not the first time, not the last, just part of life. :D
  • tarayatesgosse
    Options
    I try not to say I am on a diet but I do say I went over on the days that you could say "I was off my diet". I try and make up for it prior to and after when I do. Like today I am trying to snack less and not have any alcohol so I can be far under for the week since tomorrow we are going to the Rennaissance festival and I KNOW that will push me over. I let myself go over once a week, sometimes 2 and I am still steadily losing. I have heard that your current weight is from what you did the week before....so maybe if you rock it out for the next 4 days you won't have any gain at all. If I eat a TON of food I will sometimes see a difference on the scale but that is just because of the bulk of food my body has to process. I usually go back to normal by the next week.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to do you in. It's when one day or weekend turns into many days. In fact. going high calorie every once in awhile can help weight loss- revs your metabolism!
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Um you wont gain unless you go over your calories, or sometimes you can gain water from having more salt than usual.
    Um, I did go over my calories a couple times but its balanced by the days I went way under them.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, positively 100% this!

• BabyMorena
    BabyMorena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not dieting but I did went of my calorie intake this weekend because of my anniversary celebration.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yep, I did! I do EVERY weekend! Every Saturday I have a free day, where I eat whatever I feel like - not a binge day, just a 'eat not so healthily' day. And every Sunday I jump straight back on the bandwagon and carry on as usual. :bigsmile: