STAY FOCUSED.

Options
Weight Loss Surgery Support:
Daily Inspiration for August 7, 2010
Katie Jay, MSW

Stay focused.

Life is full of distractions. Your company is downsizing, your debt has become unmanageable, your basement has flooded again--the list is endless.

What is the one thing that would make all this worse? You know all too well. Being obese and ill. Certainly, life can hand us whoppers--challenges beyond what we feel we can handle--but most of your stresses are distractions from what is truly important. Most of them need to take second place to your health.

Action for the day: Are you allowing life's distractions to interfere with living the lifestyle (physically, mentally, and spiritually) that will keep you healthy in the long run? In your journal, write a list of the distractions that are robbing you of the success you desire. Resolve not to let distractions steal your resolve.

© 2007, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report, How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at .www.nawls.com

Replies

• Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Love the post!
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    this post was right on time Molly!!!!! Thanks so much for the encouraging words again. have a great weekend!!!!
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    this is really a great post! every monster seems bigger, scarier, and meaner when we're not taking care of ourselves.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Very good post...and needed too!! For some reason I'm feeling down and unmotivated the last couple of days.

I went out for Chinese last night, the first time since surgery; I had some of the left overs today. I didn't get sick from eating it, which is good and bad, lol.
  • thatTOPSlady
    Options
    uh oh...that was for ME! How many times have I said "I would have made better choices BUT............" (then followed by what happened that day that hindered me). Hello? Distractions are going to happen all the time and if I WAIT for no distractions to get healthy, then I am NEVER going to be healthy! never!

So.............. I'm off to the bed with my journal to make a list of distractions!

Great post! Keep them coming!
  • Nevetra
    Nevetra Posts: 8
    Options
    I needed to read that, thanks so much