Baby food?

Options
2»

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    700 - 1000 calories is the dumbest thing you've said in this entire post. I'm not psychic but in the future you're going to wonder why you can't lose weight. When that happens, come back to this post.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If you're really trying to get help, the "inspirational" pictures you have on your profile probably aren't helpful.
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would not eat the baby savoury meals as they taste disgusting, i have tried some of the fruit puree desserts and the carrot stick snack things they taste fairly good, but they are expensive and i'm sure you can make something nice yourself, the only reason i have tried them before is i work with children, lol
  • rainbowreverie
    Options
    I'm all for the baby food diet and ignoring these people as long as you post a vid of you doing the airplane to yourself... "vvvvrrreeeeoooommmm!!!"
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    considering how baby food is really just the concept of mushed up normal food (the idea is there, but there are FAR too many chemicals and additives to be normal!) you may as well just portion and puree your own food. you'll save tons more money that way. probably tastes like food too instead of funky mush. really, the only benefit to eating jarred baby food is the size of the jar. get some shot glasses and make up a meatloaf/greenbean/mashed potato smoothie or two. your problem is solved.

:laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I swear that about 95% of MFP either has an eating disorder or has generally disordered thinking about food...it's really ****in' sad because you can eat really nutritiously and really deliciously at the same time...they're not mutually exclusive. Most people can eat way more than they think they can and still lose weight too...just sad...and a little depressing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is awesome.
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I swear that about 95% of MFP either has an eating disorder or has generally disordered thinking about food...it's really ****in' sad because you can eat really nutritiously and really deliciously at the same time...they're not mutually exclusive. Most people can eat way more than they think they can and still lose weight too...just sad...and a little depressing.
    Stop making so much sense!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

I think part of the problem is that some come on here thinking all they have to do is count calories and don't want to put in the work to do any kind of research on a food plan that will help them stay on track and at their goal for the long run but will believe and try any kind of quick fix no matter how ridiculous it sounds.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

so much this

and not just this thread. everywhere.

and then people get all offended and upset and accuse you of judging them when you try to tell them "it doesn't have to be like this" *sigh*
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

so much this

and then people get all offended and upset and accuse you of judging them when you try to tell them "it doesn't have to be like this" *sigh*

Ugh seriously. "Stop being so judgmental!"

I've done the baby food diet...and then I moved on to solid foods. My Mom was so proud of me!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

so much this

Ugh seriously. "Stop being so judgmental!"

I've done the baby food diet...and then I moved on to solid foods. My Mom was so proud of me!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^^ this :laugh:
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    Ok.... baby mush is gross. I honestly can't understand living off of it (though it's no different than going on a juice diet or a cleanse, IMO). BUT—baby biscuits are awesome. Just saying. When my brothers were young, my parents bought them those things to munch on. I think I ate more of those than they did.

Kind of defeats the purpose of a diet if you're eating it like I did, though... but man, those things were tasty. Don't hate until you try it.
  • akpheng
    akpheng Posts: 3
    Options
    Lol... The sheer amount of dumb ideas on this website is mind-boggling...

Baby food is VERY high in calories - it's supposed to be because babies NEED to put on weight and grow.

For the price of a "Meal's worth" of baby food, you could make a phenomenal salad that would fill you up, be very healthy, and NOT make you look completely crazy while you're eating it...

Baby food diet... Lol...

this!!
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    heh... OP went back and deleted the original post?
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    First off the origional post has already been edited. Going by what someone quoted here.......

Are you talking the jar food or the snacks? Some of them do have a lot of vitamins for growing children and admitedly taste edible..... but not something I would want to eat on a regular basis.
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options
    Are you a baby? no? then eat real food.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Um, call me crazy but Baby Food is designed to put weight on a baby not lose weight.