5'4" women

Options
5'4" women what calorie weight and exercise do u feel and look your best
I am 5'4" currently 129 medium build averaging 15-20 walking everyday active job most days and at 1500 calories
I felt my best and I feel looked my best below 125 and 1200 calories with 30mins
walking everyday - how do u feel

Replies

• CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently 130 lbs. Before I got pregnant last may I was at 118 lbs and feel that I looked my best then. I am a small/medium build. I look a tad chunky at 130lbs and had more than a few people tell me in 2011 at 110 lbs that I looked too skinny, so I think 118 lbs is right where I want to be. At 118 last year I was running for about 35 minutes every morning and walking from school and back 4 days a week (2 hour walk there and back). I was eating about 1500-1600 calories a day and that was enough so that I didn't feel hungry all the time but I was also able to maintain. I was eating back all my exercise calories though (which is probably was I exercised as much as I did) I love exercise but I also love food so I don't mind having to work my butt off if it means I can have a cookie or two at the end of the day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 125 lbs. I just increased my exercise from 3 days of lifting per week to 3 days of lifting and 2 days of cardio per week. I eat around 1900 calories right now but I'm hunting for maintenance so hopefully it will end up higher. This is the best I've ever felt.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I weigh 137 currently. My original goal weight was 128 but I may need to go a bit lower to look how I truly want to look, will re-assess when I get there. I'm eating 1800 cals (and hoping not to need to go any lower) to lose weight nicely. I have a standing job that incorporates some walking and movement during the day, and have done 30 DS and currently doing Ripped in 30, then gonna do Insanity after that. I also ride horses (competitive jumper) 5-6 days a week.
  • PezAzul
    PezAzul Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and now at 136. My goal is 120 where I think I will be comfortable at. Before a couple pregnancies I was 115-118 but I'm not sure how realistic that is now., To lose weight I'm eating about 1200-1500 calories a day usually. Not sure what I'll need to eat to maintain once I hit my goal. Trying to get into a habit of being active at least a few days a week. So far walking and hiking are getting me out the door and getting the blood pumping. May try to incorporate some circuit training here at home.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm about 155 and I looked my best at 135-130 (about a size 6/4, plenty of butt and boob, fairly in shape) and eating 2000-3000 calories a day. I was in the military and my activity level was very active. As such my goal is 135, but I'll stop before then if happy with how I look. Weight is but a number
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'4" weigh 147 pounds. would love to get to 130 but i've been trying for almost 2 years lol. i've gone from eating 1200 cals to 1800 cals. now i'm trying to pay more attention to the actual quality of the foods than just the numbers.
  • dontdomornings92
    dontdomornings92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I feel my best when I weight 110lbs. Under that and I feel like I am too thin and over that I feel like I need to lose weight. Right now I am around 125lbs and working on losing at least 10 lbs.
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.4 and at the moment a ginormous 174lbs and I look and feel fat. I'm told I carry my weight well and people are always shocked when I tell them what I weigh. I am a UK size 12-14, leaning more at 14. The lightest I have ever been was 147lbs and I felt and looked great, almost a uk size 10. I could have done with losing about another 14lbs I think. My goal weight at the moment is 140lbs.

Feeling very miserable about it today!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I weigh 135lbs and I am 5'4, I look the best I ever had but I'd say the lowest I could go without looking too small is 130lbs. My best friend is the same height and looks great at 118-120lbs though, so it all depends on your body shape.
    I have boobs and a bum which I'd sacrifice if I went smaller than 130lbs.
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" 133 pounds. I have a goal of 125. So hard to lose the last few pounds. I am eating 1600-1800 and eating some exercise calories back. I lift 3 times per week and cardio 3-4 days per week.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 122. That is my body's happy weight. Now that I am maintaining, I have my lifestyle set to sedentary and have a daily goal of 1780. I hit the gym at least 3 times a week, as well as walking the dog everyday for an hour +. Its been working well for me!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4", small framed.. got up to 151 then dropped to 109 (way too thin) now I am at 115. I used to do only cardio (running) and now have stepped up to lifting/strength training. I eat 1700 calories now. I workout 5x per week, cardio for 30 mins, strength training for 1 hour. Main goal at this point is to get tone/muscular...if that means gaining a little weight to do so, all good.
  • stinasn
    stinasn Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm also 5'4 and I don't think I'd go much under 140 pounds, I'm big boned and don't look good when very small. I remember dropping to 127 pounds at 15 and the school nurse had a chat with me 'cause she thought I was starting to look to thin. It's all relative, I don't really aspire to be skinny, it isn't a good look for me :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    5'4 here! I am currently 121 lbs and started my journey at 147 (gaining a lb a week....so headed up fast!).

I workout 5-6 times a week strength but am going to add in some HIIT cardio.

I am happy with this weight but would like to see some more fat go so I will end up losing some more at this point. Maintenance is 2100 calories and am currently eating 1880 to get rid of this extra little bit. :drinker:
  • Modmomma79
    Modmomma79 Posts: 42
    Options
    Another 5'4" I'm currently 134 lbs and would like to get down to 128 lbs. I have a lot of people telling me I'm fine where I am, but I'm apple shaped so the last bit of fat is hanging around my midsection. I'm trying my hardest to blast that fat. Currently eating around 1450 - 1700 a day (depending on my ST). I hate cardio with a passion, but I'm working on doing more of it.
  • 2Elle
    2Elle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 165lbs (UK size 14) having lost 35lbs so far but it's taken a year. Lowest I've ever been was 128lb and I kept getting told I was too thin, so my target weight is 147lb (UK size 10). As I'm now in my 50's I don't want to go to far and have flabby skin.
    People are always surprised when I say how heavy I am as apparently "I carry it well" but I know where I want to be. I walk a lot and try to get to the Gym twice a week, mostly for cardio workout as I hurt my arm 4 months ago and I don't want to aggravate it.:smooched:
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 5'4, 20 and I eat about 1600kcals on days that I do not do any exercise (I am using sedentary as my daily activity level). I started out at 197lbs and I am currently 143lbs. I am a UK size 8, sometimes 6. I seem to distribute my weight around evenly, and I am a medium build with an hourglass figure. I am hoping to get to 130lbs, but we will see. :-) I keep getting told I am too skinny now, which I don't believe (just think it's jealousy).
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Im 5"4 and three quarters

I'm a large build and I think I look pretty ripped when im at 125(I show abs below 130). I'm at 135 now and am planning on cutting back down to 125. I lift in the mornings and when I need to lose weight I do cardio in the afternoon twice a week
  • Reeder2B
    Reeder2B Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 154, I looked my best at 133 but have gone waaay above that now and finding it so hard to lose weight :(. My goal weight would be 140 for now as 133 is way off and I eat around 1400/ 1500 a day at the moment. I have a desk job so try and go to the gym 3 times a week and I walk for 40mins everyday to/from the station. I do only cardio at the gym as thought this would make me lose weight quicker but I seem to have come to a hault...any tips welcome :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Im 5"4 and three quarters

I'm a large build and I think I look pretty ripped when im at 125(I show abs below 130). I'm at 135 now and am planning on cutting back down to 125. I lift in the mornings and when I need to lose weight I do cardio in the afternoon twice a week

I am at 121 and still no abs, where do you carry your weight at? Mine is all in my gut. :grumble: