Happy Birthday to Me - From Morbidly Obese to Healthy (Pics)

Options

Replies

• ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Happy Birthday to you! What a wonderful gift of health and well being you've given yourself and your family. You inspire me.
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Your starting shot on the sofa looks like me now, makes it all seem a little more achievable.
    Happy Birthday
    Angela
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!! You look amaZing!!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    but the light is getting so gosh darn bright at the end of this tunnel, I may need to put on some sunglasses.[:quote]

Well said!
    What makes this sweeter for me is that I had a rough start to the year and gained about 13lbs throughout January and February but buckled back down in March because I was not going to slip back into my old clothes and in April started my 2013 !0 Week Reboot Challenge and have dropped 20lbs so far (7 pounds more than I gained). I could have given up but I didn't. And you know what helped besides all the wonderful friends here and people inspirational stories? Not having fat clothes to slide back into; I had been getting rid of all my fat clothes along the way and when my skirt gave me muffin top I knew I had to get my act together because I was not buying new big clothes, no way!!! So purge those closets as you go, ladies and gents.

I hear you on this one- I have started to do this and have had a tough month -so I really feel when the clothes are getting tighter

I would love to hear about your Reboot challenge.

Congratulations on the great job done and I hope you had a fabulous birthday!
  • morgansbeach
    morgansbeach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Enjoy your special day.
  • Xwardian
    Xwardian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    U r incredible
  • berrygirl2013
    berrygirl2013 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Go you! :drinker: And have a great birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthybodyhealthynind
    Healthybodyhealthynind Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow !
    You a re an inspiration.
    You look amazing.
    Happy birthday xx
  • leehenryfox
    leehenryfox Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING and so inspirational, thank you for sharing!
    03221961 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look great what an accomplishment!!!
  • Bethstime
    Bethstime Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So very impressed. Happy Birthday! I agree with getting rid of the clothes as you "shrink" out of them. Keep up the amazing work.

Beth
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!!!
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ONLY ONE WORD= WOW !!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!:
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Well, I was debating whether or not to post yet because I am not at my goal but I am getting so close. But many of my MFP friends told me I should be celebrating and share it with everyone. Today I turned 36 and gave myself the best present a girl could ask for...I am in a healthy bmi range for the first time in my adult life. Last March (2012) I was weighing in at a hefty 280lbs and on my 5'5" frame was considered morbidly obese and as of today, I weigh 148lbs and am in a healthy BMI weight range. I still have 18lbs left to lose to meet my goal but the light is getting so gosh darn bright at the end of this tunnel, I may need to put on some sunglasses.

What makes this sweeter for me is that I had a rough start to the year and gained about 13lbs throughout January and February but buckled back down in March because I was not going to slip back into my old clothes and in April started my 2013 !0 Week Reboot Challenge and have dropped 20lbs so far (7 pounds more than I gained). I could have given up but I didn't. And you know what helped besides all the wonderful friends here and people inspirational stories? Not having fat clothes to slide back into; I had been getting rid of all my fat clothes along the way and when my skirt gave me muffin top I knew I had to get my act together because I was not buying new big clothes, no way!!! So purge those closets as you go, ladies and gents.

I'm going to keep this short and just post some pictures now and the rest of my story I will save for when I finally reach my goal...only 18lbs to go (it still feels weird to say that). Oh, and the other gift I got myself for my birthday, a little black dress because every woman needs one, lol!

Starting weight: 280lbs (March 1, 2012)
    Current weight: 148lbs (May 13, 2013)
    Loss so far: 132lbs
    Goal weight: 130lbs
    Height: 5'5"

Picture on the Left 280lbs (January 2006) and Picture on the Right 148lbs (today)

d4c61cfd-ac7d-4c51-871e-02a7776cd3f9_zpsaa1c0436.jpg

You look awesome! Thmbs up :)
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! I still have about 30 pounds to go before I'm no longer considered morbidly obese, I'll get there :smile:
  • jenn559896
    jenn559896 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! you look amazing.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Aw, you look wonderful! You lost it so fast!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I get rid of all my fat clothes too! Nothing keeps you on track like having to go naked. Great job!
  • beckanai
    beckanai Posts: 8
    Options
    Amazing! Be proud, you have really earned it!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Well, I was debating whether or not to post yet because I am not at my goal but I am getting so close. But many of my MFP friends told me I should be celebrating and share it with everyone. Today I turned 36 and gave myself the best present a girl could ask for...I am in a healthy bmi range for the first time in my adult life. Last March (2012) I was weighing in at a hefty 280lbs and on my 5'5" frame was considered morbidly obese and as of today, I weigh 148lbs and am in a healthy BMI weight range. I still have 18lbs left to lose to meet my goal but the light is getting so gosh darn bright at the end of this tunnel, I may need to put on some sunglasses.

I'm going to keep this short and just post some pictures now and the rest of my story I will save for when I finally reach my goal...only 18lbs to go (it still feels weird to say that). Oh, and the other gift I got myself for my birthday, a little black dress because every woman needs one, lol!

Starting weight: 280lbs (March 1, 2012)
    Current weight: 148lbs (May 13, 2013)
    Loss so far: 132lbs
    Goal weight: 130lbs
    Height: 5'5"

Picture on the Left 280lbs (January 2006) and Picture on the Right 148lbs (today)

d4c61cfd-ac7d-4c51-871e-02a7776cd3f9_zpsaa1c0436.jpg

Happy Birthday to YOU! YOU LOOK FAB!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!