40lbs down and feel great! Pic

Options
I joined MFP in August last year and by December had lost 40lbs! I would not have managed it without having this APP on my iPhone! It has kept me in check and helped me to re educate myself in better nutrition. It has motivated me no end and for the first time in my life have managed to maintain the weight loss!
I also have a Fitbit which I was given as a Xmas gift which combined with MFP has helped me stay on track. I do have days where I eat far too much chocolate but I just get on my exercise bike and cycle off those excess calories!
I also do the 30 day Shred and now instead of rolls of fat on my belly I now have a very trim 24 inch waist with a hint of muscle tone lol.
Here's a pic of me now, I'm 45 years old and feel better now than I did at 25! Happy days :)
Just one worry ....... I go to Egypt next week for a 2 week all inclusive holiday, I am going to have to find great willpower not to fall off the wagon too much. I'm taking my workout wear to use the gym while there!

Thanks to all help and motivation from my friends here x

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w568/ticopup/photo_zps896f8a35.jpg?t=1369641837

Replies

• barrattandrew
    barrattandrew Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow - stunning achievement! Might have to ask you for some ab tips!
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A hint of muscle tone? Those abs are fantastic. Well done!! Enjoy your holiday :smile:
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    photo_zps896f8a35.jpg

Impressive!
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Very impressive
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Was going to say the same - a hint?! Fantastic achievement well done! Enjoy your holiday!
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks for the comments, it gives me encouragement to keep it up!
    Did I post the URL for my pic wrong? lol x
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Nice abs! You're doing great, enjoy your vacation!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    as many people say "how did you do it" ? As a 43 year old I am particularly interested in things that work for women round this age that have not started with needing to lose loads.
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing abs. How did you get those? Routine number od days. Tell us all!
  • debmartin06
    debmartin06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 6 days through the 30 day shred and already notice a huge difference in muscle tone. I highly recommend! PS you look great!!!!
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    Options
    as many people say "how did you do it" ? As a 43 year old I am particularly interested in things that work for women round this age that have not started with needing to lose loads.

To start me off I used an exercise bike and lots of walking. I then decided to do the Shred and within a fairly short space of time I noticed the difference. I just kept at it basically! I still choose to walk rather than drive, I still regularly use the bike and do the Shred. I eat a healthy diet and keep my fat intake low. Less alcohol and more water!
    I have an underactive thyroid and previously losing weight was always a lost cause but I am in no doubt that constantly keeping myself active is what has made the biggest difference. I have finally raised my metabolism.
    That said, without MFP I would still be eating the wrong things and portions that are too big! This has educated me and helped me keep track of what I'm eating.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Awesome abs! Or should I say Inspirational abs!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job. Fantastic abs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!