Your Biggest Weight Loss Struggle?

Options
Just curious everyone,
What was (or is) the hardest thing you have faced on your weight loss journey? (Cravings, bad emotions, etc). We all know weight loss isn't easy and there are bound to be at least a few struggles.

Mine is JUNK FOOD! I can't seem to stick to my calories for any length of time before I just have a binge day and eat junk all day....

Replies

• alliex
    alliex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    mine is that the medication that I have to take and will be on for the rest of my life is notorious for weight gain and increased appetite
  • chloecox
    chloecox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is the constant stream of junk food that gets bought into my office for someone's birthday/leaving/because its Friday. So hard to resist when it's staring you in the face!!
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    chocolate. I can be doing great all day, and then go to the store and can't stop myself from grabbing a candy bar. I hate myself after wards.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Finding enough time to exercise in the end you have to prioritise and our yourself first.
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    SUGAR!!!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Finding enough time to exercise in the end you have to prioritise and our yourself first.

^^^^^ This!!! There is always something else drawing my attention away from exercise
  • nrida
    nrida Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    when I was younger it has always been food! I struggle with Binge and Emotional Eating.
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wine and oh yeah, wine!!
  • ediebo20
    ediebo20 Posts: 6
    Options
    Mine is resisting chocolate and cookies. I used to eat so many chocolate bean cookies before I went on a diet and lots of chocolate bars. Whenever I see people eating them now I feel this huge surge of jealousy and bad cravings, but I know if I eat well for the week then I can allow myself a treat. Just one cookie rather than the whole bag though!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Getting into the right frame of mind to actually get started.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Beer.

I love it.

It doesn't make my waste-line any smaller :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

but I AIN'T giving it up!!!!
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I crave sugar. Very difficult in my house because we have an almost 3 year old who drinks watered down jiuce and has gummy snacks.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the sodium and the scale lying to me when I had too much sodium the day b4 lol
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    weekends
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Having the energy to get to the gym after taking care of my 5 kids all day is the hardest thing for me.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Patience and not letting small setbacks send me toward failure.

Oh, yeah, and alcohol, too...
  • JDY36
    JDY36 Posts: 17
    Options
    For me it is exercise! Like someone said, putting yourself first is harder than you think.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Probably alcohol, and spending all my time around guys who are bigger (and therefore can eat more) than I. I don't want to just give up and embrace my role as The Chick and start eating and drinking nothing but salads and water, because pizza and beer is delicious.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Beer.

I love it.

It doesn't make my waste-line any smaller :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

but I AIN'T giving it up!!!!

You're singing my song!! :drinker:
  • amyjensengreenberg
    amyjensengreenberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Probably the weekends, I tend to get off-track.....:yawn: