Options
Workout time
Social Life
and time for Work and Studying

Replies

• Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Throw in kids and you are working 36 hours a day!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I ditched the social life first :S
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I graduated college 1 week ago and the entire time I was going to school I also worked 2 jobs and then came home to my son. AND I have a very active social life....you just have to find your right balance.

P.S. you can do it with a kick *kitten* GPA too, I just graduated with double honors and a 3.91 GPA
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you can have all three, you just have to be good at time management
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It's easier if you don't waste your time at the gym on pointless activities.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Workout time
    Social Life
    You can have all three. You just have to ditch that "sleep" thing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Workout time
    Social Life

I easily fit full time work, social life & workout!

Don't have kids and finished studying a few years ago though!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Not at all! I graduated college 1 week ago and the entire time I was going to school I also worked 2 jobs and then came home to my son. AND I have a very active social life....you just have to find your right balance.

P.S. you can do it with a kick *kitten* GPA too, I just graduated with double honors and a 3.91 GPA

LOL thanks this is encouraging!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Workout time
    Social Life

Yes, but it's about prioritizing and making the most of the time you do have.

My workout time and social life often overlap each other. My friends and I run, go to spin class, and go rock climbing together instead of going shopping or grabbing a drink.

I write out a workout schedule and plan exactly what I'm going to do every day. And I only spend my time doing the things that I know will have the most impact for my goals.

I also work 40 hours a week and have a 4 year old and a husband. And a home to take care of and several community groups that I'm a part of. I don't sleep much.
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know its easier said than done, but you have to have the right mindset thats all. If you don't want to give anything up then just remember that, missing a party or gahtering here or there is ok, but make sure its not the ones you really want to miss. You'll make it work :)
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I manage a vet hospital, a hockey team, have 3 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats and a husband. I am also studying to keep my certification in animal nutrition. I workout regularly and have a great social life. Its all about organization and prioritizing and sometimes mashing some aspects together.
    example: walking the dogs (workout and family time) or zumba class: spend 1 hour doing zumba and a ton of my friends go as well, we chit chat a few mins before and usually hang out for 20 so mins afterwards.
    Unfortunately social life as an adult changes... its not parties every night, but I am a firm believer that friends should always be part of youre weekly life, and hey why not involve them in other aspects of your life too? :)
  • PapillonBleu72
    PapillonBleu72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Workout time
    Social Life

In 2003, I entered Uni aged 31.
    I worked out, did Thai boxing and went swimming once a week with a friend.
    My husband ( ex now) and I had a good bunch of friends.
    I worked most weekends as I used to be a professional singer.
    In 2007 I got my degree and still had my tiny waist and a great number of friends.

So, you CAN have all 3 !!!