Insanity Calories?

Options
I just started Insanity today, and I wanted to log my workouts but I'm not sure how many calories they burned. I'm 5'1", 117.7 lbs, and I'm in pretty good shape. I don't want to buy a heart rate monitor, does anyone have an idea as to how much the Fit Test, Plyometric Cardio Circuit, Cardio Power & Resistance, Cardio Recovery, Pure Cardio, and Cardio Abs burn?

Replies

• brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    There are too many factors so there is no way to tell. Without a HRM you will never know. The smartest thing you can do when working out and trying to burn calories is to use a HRM. You can't trust machines at the gym either. So, if you are serious then get a HRM.
  • kt1986p
    kt1986p Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started insanity today too, I'm 5f 2 and weigh 170lbs (before baby 140), looked around as I thought the same and from what I can see its between 500/600 , but depends on so many factors ! ! How did you find the fit test, I struggled to walk up the stairs after haha
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I will be on day 22 tomorrow. I log it as circuit training (high intensity) or calisthenics. For the cardio recovery, I only log it was yoga. Very low calorie burn, but probably the most accurate as it is basically like a yoga class. I think those are the closest, in terms of what you will find in the database. However, I will eventually get a HRM to be more accurate. Good luck and have fun. It is tough, but you WILL see results. Add me as a friend if you would like! Oh, and the fit test listing/results can be found by Googling it. I believe there are a few resources that you can print out, including one that has the schedule and fit test listing combined.
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As brentbarrie mentioned, there are too many factors that could make your number of calories burned change. It depends of your age, weight, intensity, etc. The HRM is the only way to know exactly how many calories you burn. Even with a HRM, when your weight changes, you need to program it so it calculates the proper amount of calories for you.

Here are my numbers for some insanity workouts that I had recorded just to give you an idea:

By the way I am a male, 5'10 and I was around 188 lbs when I did those numbers. Since you are thin, you will probably burn below those amount for sure

-plyometric cardio circuit : 561 calories
    -pure cardio: 485 calories
    -core cardio & balance: 425 calories
    -max interval circuit: 871 calories
    -max recovery: 343 calories
    -max interval plyo: 709 calories
    -max cardio conditioning: 645 calories