I did it! My first 5K.

Options
124»

Replies

• freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am 227 pounds, obese, not a runner and I finished a 5K!

Congratulations! You ARE a runner! Great job!!!

Thank you so much! All of your kind words just make it even so much better! I think I'm going to like the runner club ;)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I remember how excited I was when I did my first one!!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My hero!
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't ever doubt your ability to push yourself! Mind over matter! You are awesome!!!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Well Done -great achievement!
  • freyaheart
    Options
    I am so glad I shared my story with you all. The out pouring of love and support are amazing! You've made it all worth it.
  • elizabethwwillett
    Options
    How awesome for you!! I decided today to do my first 5K in October and your story lets me know I can do it too. I am 217 lbs and 5"3" so "short and stout" ad the song goes ;) Congratulations!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    LOL...you said you did this on a whim and didn't really train? And you finished a 5K?? That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Says a lot about your determination and definately stepping out of your comfort zone, challenging yourself and SUCCEEDING :bigsmile: Just freakin awesome!
  • Evoken
    Evoken Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for the awesomeness!!!! you are an inspiration..
  • freyaheart
    Options
    LOL...you said you did this on a whim and didn't really train? And you finished a 5K?? That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Says a lot about your determination and definately stepping out of your comfort zone, challenging yourself and SUCCEEDING :bigsmile: Just freakin awesome!

Signed up last week, no joke! I knew I could walk 5K if i'm going 2.5-3 mph on a treadmill, it was a whole different ball game but I did it!
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome accomplishment!
  • freyaheart
    Options
    This was just the first step! I can't wait to train harder and do more races!! My real challenge will be the summit challenge, local thing. Where I live we have a challenge that is 3.5 miles long and 1,200 feet high! I know I am no where near ready for it but with more training and more races under my ever shrinking belt I am sure I can conquer it!
  • Malaak1477
    Malaak1477 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great accomplishment!
  • freyaheart
    Options
    I just want to say thank you thank you thank you for all the love and support again. I couldn't have had a better day today.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And finishing last doesn't matter when it does happen...The point if you finished eitehr way!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am jumping up and down cheering for you, that is so awesome. I have yet to overcome the fear of being last, although everytime I read one of these threads I get closer to signing up. I am so proud of you for just doing it. With your determination you will go far in your weight loss journey.