Does anyone wear workout clothes everyday?

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I generally save my workout clothes for working out--I don't have so many outfits that I could wear them as regular clothes and still have enough for exercise. The exception is tech shirts I get at races or training programs--I sometimes wear them with jeans.

Oh, and I will stop at the store on the way home from a run or the gym. It's not worth the extra gas to drive home and shower first. Sorry, clerks!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You know, the most of the people I see wearing "work out" clothes every day are NOT working out in them, Ever.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not me, even when i didnt have a job. i dont particularly like looking like i havent taken at least some pride in my experience

also, since i dont work out in tshirts and sweats but wear actual athletic style clothing to work out in, those aren't exactly the most comfortable to spend hours and hours in
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Ummm no I don't think my work would approve of me wearing work out clothes...
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants everyday.
    Working for a waterproofing/construction company everything gets covered in tar.
    I wore white jeans once to work and got laughed at.
    So yah I wear yoga pants to work as well
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I wear workout clothes all day every day until I absolutely MUST change into something else. it was so easy b/c I just graduated college and we all look like slobs for the most part, lol anyway, my workout clothes were less cute, more "real" workout clothes. i had to balance the i worked out at home look vs. you're going out in public workout attire. sometimes they crossed paths, oops!
  • BayleighPaws
    BayleighPaws Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mum, so I don't have the same standards as most work places!
    That being said, not a day goes by that I'm not rocking SOME lululemon. My entire wardrobe basically consists of lulu lemon and blue jeans.

So, basically, yes? But what I actually work out in is typically a sports bra, tank top and yoga pants. I wear a regular bra, t shirt and yoga pants most of the time when I'm at home. When I go out, yes, I put more effort into my appearance.... But majority of the time I'm wearing yoga pants or sweats.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Heels and skirts for work, yoga pants for bumming around and work out clothes for working out. There may be the occasion where I do an errand or 2 after a run, but I think it's pretty obvious from the wet hair that I'm not making a fashion statement.
  • Britt59
    Britt59 Posts: 25
    Options
    I can only imagine that after a good sweeti work out sure a person would go shower and change but what they change to is certainly there business if they change back in to workout clothes so what I find work out clothes to be very comfortable and if people don't agree with that will you can do what ever float your boat but to answer this lady question I agree with her 110%
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I wear them almost every day...but only because I workout almost every day. :glasses:
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of posting a very similar question about how often people wear their workout clothes when not working out! The highest concentration of gym clothes I see outside a gym are at kindergarten drop off; I'd say 80% of the mothers are wearing exercise clothes then, it is my theory that they sleep in them... ;)

ever been to a gym at half past 9 on a school day? it's like a flock of post drop-off birds coming to finally have some time for themself!
  • koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My workout clothes are my casual, comfy, work, and lounging clothes. I do have jeans but they just aren't as comfortable : ) I don't have a certain dress code at my job so I can get away with it. I don't have a few "nice" pieces for when I go out for dinner, special occasions etc. I see no problem wearing workout clothing everywhere, as long as you keep 'em clean (and yourself of course) and dress up nice on special outings so you don't look like you totally gave up on life : P
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I work out almost every day so kind of.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    And what do people think about that?

I actually really love workout clothes and I love how I feel in them, and before I go but more I was wondering what people think of people who wear them ALL the time? Are there any negative thought in anyone's mind or am I over thinking thins?

I guess in my mind, I don't want it to look like/seem like I'm "better than everyone" if I'm always in workout clothes. I've kind of gotten that vibe from others who I've seen wear them everyday.

Opinions?
    Haha! I LIVE in workout clothes! Partially because of my job, but even when I'm not working, you'll rarely find me wearing any pants or shirts that aren't dri fit material! And most of the stuff I wear is loose fit so they aren't any different than regular clothes. But they are comfortable and I move easy in them. And as a man, there's less ball shuffling goin' on!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Where I live the majority of women wear runners, yoga pants, a tank or tee and a hoodie.
    Guys wear runners, jeans, tees and hoodies.
    We 'dress' when we need to. But other than that. Nope.
    And before anyone asks. It's not an economically depressed area.
    It's just what people wear as casual clothes.
  • Tishrei
    Tishrei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of posting a very similar question about how often people wear their workout clothes when not working out! The highest concentration of gym clothes I see outside a gym are at kindergarten drop off; I'd say 80% of the mothers are wearing exercise clothes then, it is my theory that they sleep in them... ;)

As for when to wear or when I wear... I change into them just before I workout & since I do so after dinner, next stop is bed so I'm not doing anything else in them. I feel a bit daggy in 'em though so if I were a morning exerciser, I'd get changed straight away.

I wear my workout clothes when I drop my daughter off at preschool because I workout right after dropoff. lots of moms do this. ever notice how full the gyms are at around 9:30 with moms? drop off kids, get a workout in, get on with your day seems to be a common schedule.

and btw, are you from australia? My very good friend is from Melbourne and is the only one I know using the word 'daggy', though I have since picked it up too.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options

I actually really love workout clothes and I love how I feel in them, and before I go but more I was wondering what people think of people who wear them ALL the time? Are there any negative thought in anyone's mind or am I over thinking thins?

I guess in my mind, I don't want it to look like/seem like I'm "better than everyone" if I'm always in workout clothes. I've kind of gotten that vibe from others who I've seen wear them everyday.

Opinions?

I LOVE workout clothes and spend a significant amount of my money on them!!!! I just purchased a 'Do you lift' singlet through a friend! Meh one thing I learnt (recently!) why give a flying f what people think?? seriously :) Plus they are so comfy!

You look hot so embrace it ;)
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    But if I am not at the gym it's suits Monday-Friday but I wear my gym shorts all the time around the house :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    No, I'm a grown adult, and have invested in a good wardrobe.

Funny enough, I shower, brush my teeth, and do my hair on the daily too.

I just don't understand how people let themselves go and live their lives in sweats, pajamas, or workout gear.

That said... I really, really, really, really love the lululemon outfits, particularly the ones that are recalled. I want to give a badass high five to whomever created those delicious yoga pants.

To all the ladies wearing yoga pants, thank you.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest pet peeve! I was born in Canada but have lived in Europe for quite some time now and when I go back to visit friends and family everyone is wearing lululemon, no matter the occasion! It is a little surreal, like being followed by lululemon zombies. There are other clothing items that are just as comfortable and will leave you looking smart rather lazy. Please, for the love of fashion, keep the workout clothing for the gym!

Baha. I'm American and I wear lulu everyday! <3 I wear my lulu to work, lol.