Any 5'7" ladies around here?

Options

Replies

• Atishi87
    Atishi87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7, goal weight 120 lbs with lean muscle, current weight 126 lbs. Starting weight 132 lbs. :)
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5'7" - joined MFP in September 2012. Highest - 250. Current - 183. 3 pounds to first goal - prolly level off at 170-175 - we'll see.
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    i'm 5'7 at 161.. my highest a few yrs ago was 225 then my highest a few months ago was 169.. I want to get back to 141 what i was last summer
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ha! Totally agree with the "not tall enough for tall and not short enough for regular." I'm also 5'7. Starting weight on MFP a year ago was 223lbs. I now weigh around 163-165lbs. Friends tell me I look "skinny" now but clothes work wonders! I'm currently focusing on losing body fat percentage via weight training because my problem now is loose skin. Feel free to add me.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5' 7" here. Current weight is 173 lbs. Started on here probably 10 lbs ago and have lost 20 lbs over the last 2 years (very slooowly). Highest weight EVER was pregnant with baby no. 2 at 254 lbs. Lowest weight was 135 lbs on wedding day (7 years ago). Goal weight is 150-155 lbs. I feel pretty good right now, everything looks decent, size 10s are loose, shrits are a M and I'm curvy so I will never be a stick but I want to get to 165 lbs and then have a mini celebration, and then head on down to 155 lbs. I'll be veeery happy then!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am around 5 '7.5 . The .5 is important ? Lol. My current weight is 142 or 64.4 kg. I find that I have broadish shoulders and as my husband says, actual hips. No but though :( My profile is a recent photo at my current weight. I have skinny wrists and ankles, so could go smaller, but I don't really want too go much skinner. I am supposed to be gaining back up to 65, but haven't had a good week lifting wise. I will see what happens . I just find when I get much smaller I look skinny, not healthy.
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    HI I'm currently 178lbs/81kgs and aiming for a 149lbs/68kgs. I lost over 40lbs a few years ago and want to get back on the wagon .. awesome to find this thread!
    x
  • trula0508
    trula0508 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 5'7
    I weigh 219 and should be around 145. I want this really bad. I plan on losing 3-4 pounds per week by using my new Juicer.
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'7 too!

SW 179
    CW 159
    GW 147
    UGW under 140 (10st) which I haven't been for over 20 years...yikes and how did that happen?!?

Great to compare stats on this thread. Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5'7 too.... just turned 39 years old.....
    I stated at 151 lbs this January, , and very happy now at about 129lbs. Link to my success story is in the profile. I have been maintaining,( +/- 2lbs) for about 1 month.
    This site is wonderful!
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" but if i'm lazy, I measure 5'7". I started at 252 and am now at 190. My goal is around 135-140 but I started lifting so I think I might adjust that. I'm more so going until I get the body I want.

I've decided I need to just buy tall jeans and wear heels. It's the only way. My stupid "regular" pants shrink up just enough that they resemble high waters with most shoes.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    5' 7" here. When I was in junior high I wore a size 5 long. Now im 27 and at my heaviest I was wearing a size 18 and 20 and they were to long. I don't know why they think if you are fat you are going to be taller. And on top of my fat jeans being to long I gain all my weight in my butt and thighs so the stomach area of my jeans were way to big but tight around my legs. Now I have lost 27 lbs (currently 173) and I'm wearing a size 14 which are ok length but I'm sure if I get to my goal of size 8 jeans I will be buying longs again.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OF BRANDS OF JEANS FOR BIG BUTTS???? Please help
  • leatrez
    leatrez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 3/4 so I usually say I'm around 5'8". My starting weight is 182. My goal weight is 135. I buy all tall jeans and pants when I can. Regular look short when I wear heels.
  • deeann7769
    deeann7769 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5' 7" here. When I was in junior high I wore a size 5 long. Now im 27 and at my heaviest I was wearing a size 18 and 20 and they were to long. I don't know why they think if you are fat you are going to be taller. And on top of my fat jeans being to long I gain all my weight in my butt and thighs so the stomach area of my jeans were way to big but tight around my legs. Now I have lost 27 lbs (currently 173) and I'm wearing a size 14 which are ok length but I'm sure if I get to my goal of size 8 jeans I will be buying longs again.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OF BRANDS OF JEANS FOR BIG BUTTS???? Please help

I have a... middle big butt. Too big for your white bread brands (Wrangler, Levis, etc) but too small for Apple Bottoms. I really like Aeropostale jeans in the Curvy Hailey style, because I am a squat addict so I have muscular thighs and a booty. I also like ****ies Girl, but you usually have to order a size up from your usual size if you are buying online. Old Navy has a style called the Sweetheart that I also like as well.
  • fitjules35
    fitjules35 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". Started at 188.5 and am currently at 177. Would love to get to a healthy BMI at 159 and then see from there. The lowest I've been as an adult was 166 about 10 years and 3 kids ago!
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOL I thought I was the only one with the pants issue. I'm 5'7" too and find that New York and Company pants are the perfect length on me.

Regulars come almost to my ankles usually...and longs drag the ground. GRRRR!! So frustrating.
  • sara_gets_fit
    sara_gets_fit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Right over here! 5'7", started out 175lbs, down to 164lbs...want to get to the 130's by the end; lose the fat and TONE IT UP! :D
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and yeah, a lot of "regular" length pants are too short. Especially in yoga pants/loungewear. When I was trim, the best yoga pants I owned were from Victoria's Secret. They were the PERFECT length. That was loooong ago, but I still have them hoping I'll make it all the way back to medium.

My starting weight is 227 and I'm just at the start of my loss, but I'm already down a few and happy :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm actually closer to 5"8.... I currently weigh 153..... I have trouble finding pants that fit me in length....if I do find some long enough, there always saggy and loose though..
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7.5. When I was chunky, I had issues with regular jeans. I am down to 138 and now they are fine. My conclusion: my butt has shrunk dramatically and needs less jeans to pull over it! Kind of dumb but a coworker is having the same problem. She gained weight and now has high waters. Does that make sense?

Yes! It makes total sense. My jeans fit looser but not too big to wear but they are suddenly so long. I noticed I seem to loose the weight in my butt and shoulders first.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!