Insanity progress?!!?

Options
I am beginning the insanity workouts tomorrow (I did the fit test today). While I am both excited, I am also very nervous! What I'm wondering is, if anybody can tell me about their success stories and progress that they have seen during this journey. I'm also curious as to what I should realistically expect to get out of these workouts. I do plan on following the eating plan as much as possible. If I have a cheat day every once in a while am I going to totally throw off my body?!!?

If anybody has any tips they can pass along that would be amazing!

Thanks!

Replies

• janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    My advice is -- remember that the coach is just a picture on the TV. He can't really see what you're doing. If the workout is too intense for you, you can put the DVD on pause, take a break, or even decide the program isn't for you and try a different program instead. .
  • 1975jobu
    1975jobu Posts: 9
    Options
    I just finished month one and am on recovery week now. It's really hard at first, but I love it and you def see results.
  • janebshaw
    Options
    The bad thing about programs like Insanity is that many people that are not ready for that intense of a workout buy the DVDs and try to push harder than they should and end up getting injured. Also, there is no real live trainer to help you with your form.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    joining crossfit would work much better than trying Insanity. amirite?
  • janebshaw
    Options
    joining crossfit would work much better than trying Insanity. amirite?

NO! DavPul, stop stalking my posts, or I will report you! Crossfit is an overpriced exercise cult!
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4 and have a love hate realtionship with it. I hate how hard it is, but I love how I feel afterwards. I was seeing results by week 2, and have already lost 3 inches off my waist, 1 off thighs, 1 1/2 off arms. Yet the scale won't budge. That's the hardest part for me is working out so hard and not seeing the scale drop, so be sure to take measurements.

I do agree about the advice to take it slow. The first week my knees were killing me, once I modified some of the jumps I no longer have any pain. I also can't do full on push ups so I do girl ones, but I'd rather modify than risk injury. I'm beat be the end of it so I know even with modifications it's stilla tough work out. Have fun!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Go at your own pace..do not press pause.. take a longer break and jump back in.

I am on my last week and am a big girl but I did it. Don't look at the scale, take measurements and your before and after pictures.

It is tough but worth it..you will get stronger and the inches will fall.. I lost one pants size..probably could have lost more if I ate better.. But I am very happy with how far I have come along.

Just don't try to keep up with the people on the DVD...it is okay go slower and take breaks..
  • janebshaw
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with pressing the "pause" button if you need to. The coach at the boot camp class I go to said that it's better to take a break when you need to and come back in than to keep on going when you are overly tired and your form is falling apart.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am an Insanity witness! Just like Jodyb23 said, Me and insanity have a love/hate relationship. You'll hate how hard it is...but you'll love the way you feel and also love the results. I made the mistake of not measuring myself but I do know that I went from a waist size of 40 down to a 36. I started Insanity on March 18th and just finished on May 25th....I lost a total of 23 lbs (and I actually had to take a week off due to medical reasons).
    My advice to you is....DIG DEEP (Just like Shaun T tells you constantly). No matter how tired you feel...you can do it! Just don't overdo it...it's absolutely OK to press pause...or take multiple breaks (I know I did! :laugh: )
    And don't feel that you HAVE to keep up with the people in the video...they're already in shape! (remember that)

Progress pics: *Note* I'd already lost about 22 lbs before starting Insanity, but that was just due to stress...

At the start:
    25113237_9060_thumb.jpg
    25113237_9697.jpg

30 days into Insanity:
    25113237_7087.jpg

Finished!:
    25113237_7041.jpg
    25113237_6128.jpg

I hope this is good motivation for you...because take it from me....INSANITY WORKS! I love it...thinking bout moving on to Asylum next.