How long should it take to lose 30 pounds??

Options
2»

Replies

• wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Slow is better 1/2 to 1 lb a week is optimum. Just a half lb a week is 26lbs a year. Ideally i want to get to a point that i don't have to count calories at all. I've been eating under my maint cal for 5 months and i eat plenty.
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on your body, your metabolism, diet and exercise. It took me 3.5 months to lose 30lbs. My weight loss has slowed down lately though since I'm a lot closer to my goal weight.
  • Journey2newwomen
    Journey2newwomen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Melodyann12
    Options
    That is awesome! It' has taken me 11 weeks to lose 12 lbs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    At a rate of 1lb a week, 30 weeks or 7.5 months.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't know how long it should take, but it took me 6 months to lose 35lbs 2 years ago. I am trying to get back there after having a baby. I have 20 more lbs to lose. Hopefully it'll take around the same amount of time this time:) Just keep going and don't give up, it'll happen.
  • crochetnut
    crochetnut Posts: 35
    Options
    I started my journey in May 2012 - lost 34 lbs by November - gained 12 over winter - and now I'm back up to 33lbs....lol...so it has taken me over 1 year to lose 33 lbs. Slow and steady wins the race - eventually. :)
  • tricia0516
    Options
    Okay supporters, i am starting my weight liss journey, wish me luck and motivation 30 lbs to go current weigh 171, goal 140 November 15 ...ready set go....
  • merisa2011
    merisa2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could lose it in 3 months. But you would have to really watch what you eat. Have lots of chicken, salmon, avocados, apples, oatmeal for breakfast, salads, veggies, yogurt, and lots of water! Losing weight takes time but if you eat right and excercise atleast twice a week you should lose the weight. dont overwork yourself and don't go overboard on trying to count every little calorie. Bc you won't last on your diet. Just eat healthy and it'll pay off. And these diet pills don't work so save your money. Its all about what you eat.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 months in to loosing 25 pounds. I'm 17 down. It takes a while. I probably have 2 more months to go but have been aiming for mid June since the get go, so I'm still pretty much on track. Loss has gotten slower, but a lot of that I think has to do with more social events, travel etc. this time of year. I've been aiming for 1 lb a week.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It took me 9 months to get from 175 to 145 (where I am maintaining). It was longer than I expected, but honestly...I'm glad it took longer because my new healthy habits had lots of time to stick! I also didn't deprive myself of anything that I really wanted. If I didn't have ANY ice cream, pizza, fried food, chocolate....maybe it would've taken less time but what kind of life is that?? Break some old unhealthy habits, create some new healthy habits, and practice moderation. You'll get there :)
  • mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I lost that in 3 months
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to get from 177lbs to 147lbs.