Need some confirmation..

Options
New to the weight loss game, so bare with me.

Different sites/calculators tend to give different results. So I will use http://www.fitnessfrog.com/ for all of them.

My TDEE is 2679 (I work in retail, spend most of the day on my feet walking the shop floor. 3-4 Nights a week I'm at the gym with half hour cardio (stationary bike), 45 minutes weight training) I chose Lightly Active.

Current weight is 88.6 kgs, height is 173cm, 25yo, male.

I have chosen the same settings in my diet profile on MFP. It has set my calorie goal to 2010. On average I have been between 300 - 500 under my MFP calorie goal. Is that the correct way I should be going about this?

Basically my goal is to hit 75kg and lose my belly.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Try to eat as close to the calorie goal MFP gives you. MFP already gives you a deficit from your TDEE, so you don't have to undereat to make one.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you are at least moderately active on the fitnessfrog calculator. MFP's calculators don't include exercise; it's a different type of calculation.

The calculator I use is this one: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

You are likely somewhere between "3-5hrs/week moderate" and "5-6hrs/week strenuous" but even at the lower amount your est. TDEE is 2864 with BMR of 1848.

You should eat a bare minimum of 1848 every day, but I recommend taking a 500 calorie deficit from TDEE (no more) and eating that every day of the week - so 2364... or 2400.

BTW, I'm a 37 year old, 5'7" woman and my TDEE is about 2500-2600 calories daily. Please eat. A 25 year old man should not be eating under 2000 calories daily.
  • benlogan87
    benlogan87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info, from what I've been eating, around 2000 calories seems to be fine. Generally includes breakfast (musli stuff high in protein), with a protein shake.

Lunch is usually a chicken sandwich, or ham, with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, carrot, cucumber on multigrain, with an orange juice and a small tub of greek style passion fruit yoghurt.

Dinner depending if its a workout day or not, will consist of some sort of meat (steak or kangaroo, sometimes lamb/fish, vegies (all sorts), sweet potato chips. And if I went to gym after work, again another protein shake.

If I do get hungry during the day (rarely), i will have a almond and hazelnut nut bar.