WWYD??

Options
I am 5'6" and 130 pounds. I want to get down to 125, but my husband thinks I look good now and would be too thin at 125. I'm still trying to decide whether to listen to him or not. I have been debating compromising at 127.

What would you do?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Small frame- 120 - 133
    Medium- 130-144
    Large- 140-159

You're already at a healthy weight if you're small or medium build and underweight at large. Have you considered talking to your doctor? Or concentrating on toning instead of loss? In the end it's your body though.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would do whatever was going to make me happy as long as it is healthy. Remember that ths is YOUR journey. Also if you go down then you have room to have fun and not worry about going over you goal weight.:drinker:
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 130 pounds. I want to get down to 125, but my husband thinks I look good now and would be too thin at 125. I'm still trying to decide whether to listen to him or not. I have been debating compromising at 127.

What would you do?

I would lose weight, because it's my body.

What I want MOST is for my wife to be happy. If losing 5 pounds makes her happy, then I will be happy.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You asked "What would you do?" Well I'm 5'6" too but 139 lbs and came to realize I care more about measurements than the scale #. Hard to say after all where that last 5 lbs might come off of right? I'd cry if it was my modest sized boobs not my ample thighs, so I'm ignoring my scale and working on gaining some upper body mass to balance me out.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I would do what I wanted to do.

My weight and fitness is the one thing I refuse to budge on.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Small frame- 120 - 133
    Medium- 130-144
    Large- 140-159

You're already at a healthy weight if you're small or medium build and underweight at large. Have you considered talking to your doctor? Or concentrating on toning instead of loss? In the end it's your body though.

Interesting. Thank you. I have a medium build according to the measurement on this site.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    Options
    On one hand, I agree that I should go for my goal because it's my body. On the other hand, "looking hot for my husband" is part of my goal. I am having a struggle within myself on whether this means I am done losing weight. I like to look skinny. He thinks I will look unhealthy. It makes it more challenging to be motivated to lose the "last 5" when my husband is against it. Some days I try and others I sort of give up. Maybe I need more balance?
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Do what makes YOU happy. Good Luck!:drinker:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you are eating healthy (NOT under eating like most female dieters tend to do) and are looking/feeling healthy TO YOU, then go for it.

Tons of people whine at me because I have a goal to get down to 16% body fat and they freak out that I am still on a calorie deficit even though I am wearing sizes 4 and 6 clothes. I will reach my goal, which is a healthy one that I am reaching in a healthy way, no matter what all those other people say. I'm not there yet, so I am not eating my maintenance level of 2200 calories yet. When I get there, I will up the calories and stop losing. But I will be the one dictate when this happens, not anyone else (as long as I am healthy and happy).
  • crazylikefox
    crazylikefox Posts: 100
    Options
    I would put on a bikini and do a little happy dance.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    Options
    Ok thanks for your input everyone. I've decided to ignore my husband and go for it!
  • 2ht2hand1e
    Options
    Ok thanks for your input everyone. I've decided to ignore my husband and go for it! my first goal is 127 :).
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What's so special about the number 125? Is it magical or something?

I'd go by how your clothes fit, and what size you are. And realistically, one number is not going to be your weight all day every day - pick a range that you'd like to stay in (that might get your husband on board too)