Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any 5'7" ladies around here?

124»

Replies

• stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    5'7.5" here, and all legs. I usually buy long or tall or whatever, but sometimes I luck out and find a 'regular' that fits. As for my weight, I hit my highest in high school- something like 160 or 165. I dropped it in time for prom, thankfully, but gained it back in a few years when I started living on my own. In 2009 I became a vegetarian and started paying attention to what I ate, yo-yo-ed for a while, then stayed around 145 for what felt like forever. Since joining MFP I've gone down to about 130, which is exactly where I want to be :)
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    I'm 5ft 7in and at my heaviest ever I was 213lbs (quite few years ago) last year I joined MFP when I weighed 165lbs and I'm now 125lbs :) I originally aimed to reach 140lbs that was my goal, but as you cant choose where to lose the weight from, I kept going as my hips/thighs/legs were still quite heavy. I kept at it hoping to look less pear shaped!
    I always had to buy long when I was fat - fat legs took up the length lol, but most of the time now regular fits - as long as I dont were heels! ;-) x
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    I am 5'8" currently 144lbs aiming for 17% BF.

Some jeans fit fine, others are a bit short. Often I buy tall and wear heels.
  • saltycloud
    saltycloud Posts: 30 Member
    I'm between 5'7 and 5'8. I weight 165lbs right now and my goal is around 140 for now.
  • yenna42
    yenna42 Posts: 17
    I'm rockin' 5'7" too :) SW was 205, current is 195 and aiming for 150ish.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I too am between 5'7" and 5' 8"

i am super glad to hear that everyone isn't 120 !! :-)
  • Nenusky
    Nenusky Posts: 37 Member
    Hi. I'm 5' 7". SW: 96kg CW: 88kg GW: 75kg.
  • cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Yep that's me... I started weight loss in the last week of January this year. Start weight was 312lbs. Today I'm 247 lbs. 3 dress size smaller, a great deal fitter :) I want to lose another 50 and then I'll re-evaluate :D Good luck with your weight loss. Once you get in the right mind frame, it's not as difficult as we dread :D
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    5'6.5" and at 136 atm, lowest was 131, aim to be 130-125 started 172 :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    me 138!! started at 165
  • serica223
    serica223 Posts: 2 Member
    I am 5'7 the highest I've this month is 245 and I am 235. My goal is 175.:smile:
  • serica223
    serica223 Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss. It is not as hard as we imagine it can be done.
  • griffga1
    griffga1 Posts: 31
    I'm 5'7" and started at 222. I never took a before photo, but now sorry that I didn't. Currently at 188 with my first goal set at 170. I will re-evaluate my goals once I reach 170. Ultimately probably 145-150.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    I'm 5'7 too. I'm about 184lbs now and have lost 49 lbs since my second child was born. Ideally I'd be happy losing another stone. I've never been a really light person as i played competitive tennis from the age of 5 right into my teens so that meant I always had a lot of muscle. If i lose any more than that i wont feel good.

Currently training up so i can run a half marathon and the weight seems to be coming down with the intensity of my exercise. Eating decent amounts of good food with the occasional treat
  • CraftymominIL
    CraftymominIL Posts: 6 Member
    This is my first post. I started WW in the middle of January when I reached a high of 209 pounds. I switched to MFP about a month ago. I am currently 175. My main goal is a normal BMI which is 159 for 5'7". I'm not sure if I'll be happy there or not. Currently, I'm trying to tone more. I have noticed my pants length problem is better since I've lost weight. I walk a lot and my butt and thighs are more toned.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!