For anyone 200+

Options
Hello, my name is Heather :) I've tried making groups before but i suck at being the leader so this is just a suggestion to start and if anyone would like to help talke lead. This summer i have gone from 225 to 250 and it's horrible. Just today one of my guy friends asked me how much i weighed and i said ha your funny let's just say i weigh more than you. he told me "i weigh 230...just sayin" and then apologized for being rude. This has kinda encouraged me to get back on track cause i kinda have a crush on this guy. So if anyone else has any stories or would like to join i would greatly appreciate it!!!! just hit me up! I would like to weigh in every week. So current weight as of this morning:255:embarassed:

Replies

• Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    ooooh yeah been there done that lol don't guys know that you don't ask a female her weight? especially if she's not a twig. I always answred the same. Right now I weigh like 25lbs less than my husband BUT he's also like 4inches taller than me so I'm not too proud of it. I'm lucky I found him though, I dno't feel too huge next to him. Anyways I've been on the site 3 wks and I've lost 11 pounds so I weighed in at 277 today. I'm trying to make it to 220 so it'll be a while before I'm back under 200, but def. looking forward to it :)
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    266 here......was her a bit over a year ago....went from 244 to 220 and then blamo.....obviously gained it back over a year. So here I am trying again. My body hurts so bad from carrying all this weight. EVERYDAY! I don't have the time to head it up either or I would. I just joined the 5 pounds per month club.......I feel comfortable that I can do 5 lbs......5 pounds at a time...until 135lbs are gone (Oh my I do believe that is another person :huh: ) :drinker:
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I hang out with mostly guys and everytime one asks me that question I just laugh and say "You're not allowed to ask girls that question". Doesn't help that they're all skinny guys too :grumble: I have a wedding I'm maid of honor for in October (for my former-model best friend... soooo don't wanna have to stand next to her) so I'm trying to drop at least a little before then. As of this morning, 261.4
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    wow that's great to have lost that already! keep up the good work chica!!!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I weighed in last friday at 215.2.

Its funny, my bf had no clue until Jan just how much more than him I weighed. I HATE that I weigh more than him. I have always dated guys who were larger than me to keep myself feeling secure about my weight. I am working hard to weigh less than him.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    yeah guys should just learn not to ask. i had one guy try to say he could pick me up..i dont understand why some guys embarass themselves like that LMAO
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    My husband can pick me up, not that I encourage it. He's gonna break his back messing around like that lol can't wait for the day that he can pick me up and not have to put me back down right away lol
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    I guess i'm part of the club too. About 22 months ago I weighed 272lbs which when you're 5ft 11inches tall doesn't look to bad. However when being that big means you start the early stages of type 2 diabetes at 20 years of age you realise you need to get your butt into gear and sort yourself out. So I did.
    Now I hated exercise at school so that was my problem. I joined a Gym (2 years ago) went 4-5 times a week for 3 months and lost a huge 3lbs :(
    I found the Gym tedious and boring so I thought about what I really needed. What I was eating wasn't really the problem it was because I wasn't exercising. So I gave it a thought and decided making exercise part of my daily routine was the way forward rather than making time to go to the gym. So that's what I did. I started cycling to work 11miles each way, 5 days a week. I did this for 5 months in 2009 during the good weather months and lost 21lbs. Over christmas I did hardly any exercise and put just 3lbs back on. Since then I've moved to my own place near work and walk every day and have been for the last 3 months. Since i've moved i've lost a further 12lbs (cancelling out the 3lbs I gained). I feel great, healthy, active and enjoy going out and meeting people, even managed to bag a couple of dates in the last 6 months which I was never really confident in doing.
    It's all about finding what works for you. A standard diet regime just doesn't work for me! Variety is the key and making exercise as your routine doesn't make it a chore but quite fun. So keep going! I did and have lost 30lbs so far.
    I'm now at that point where I need that extra push and that's why I'm here.

1621824.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Men! Or should I say BOYS!! Do this for YOU, not them. This program, and the people here, are AWESOME! They will stand beside you, support you, and help you with this journey. I started here in March, at 247lbs. My highest weight was in January, of 255lbs. Saturday I weighed in at 192lbs. I have started and failed many programs before. You really get the support you need from people here. Ask for friends and check in daily. You can do this! And by the way, find a new guy to have a "crush" on because it sounds to me like that one is a looser and WHEN you loose your weight, he still will be a looser!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    dont you love it when ppl think your smaller then you actually are i know i do lol
  • HeaterM
    Options
    <3 love this post. congratulations and thank you!
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girl, I'm 221 right now but WAS 275 in January. It's so hard being a woman as big as that, and even more hard when people make rude comments. Don't let that discourage you; you're beautiful and you can take control and get right back on track very soon :) Good luck with everything!
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I weighed in last friday at 215.2.

Its funny, my bf had no clue until Jan just how much more than him I weighed. I HATE that I weigh more than him. I have always dated guys who were larger than me to keep myself feeling secure about my weight. I am working hard to weigh less than him.

I definitely agree with this one. When I decided to finally lose weight, I had my husband come watch me get on the scale so he could really SEE how much I weighed with his own eyes. He couldn't believe it - 275lbs! He's only 225lbs :( I FINALLY weigh less than him for the first time since we started dating (only 4lbs lighter, but still!) and it feels soooo nice. You'll get there sweetie :)
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Heater, come back to your old group! We miss you!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kristina! You don't have to be a leader or anything and we've been going strong for almost a year because of YOU! Come back to our group!! :smile:
  • emmafarrell
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm Emma - started with My Fitness Pal back in June at 223... after a little blip I went back up to 226 but am now back on the bandwagon and weighed in this morning at 222. Starting to feel a bit more motivated and hopefully will be down another few pounds by next weigh in!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I agree with Kristina! You don't have to be a leader or anything and we've been going strong for almost a year because of YOU! Come back to our group!! :smile:
    Hey i miss you guys too I think i will come back and work on this one as well sorry i left before! :(
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Hello all, what day would you like to have as our weigh in day??
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh in on Friday. that way I get the loss high for the weekend to get back to serious on monday!

But I dont know what works well for others.
  • pcacsc
    pcacsc Posts: 2
    Options
    My last weigh in was at the doctors two weeks ago. I go Friday and I will have another official weigh in I am sure. Will keep ev1 posted

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1624449.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools