pretty please a cheesecake recipe

Options
So yes cheesecake is my most fave pudding ever in the last 4-5 months I have had one naughty chocolate slice of cheesecake as a treat a and a slice of key lime pie on valentines!! Both were amazing
I like new york style best.. oh a buttery biscuit base with a creamy filling.. making myself hungry lol
I am trying to find a 'healthy' low cal, low sugar or no added sugar recipe so I can treat myself more often?? Anyone please??

Replies

• xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    http://www.proteinpow.com/ has recipes for high protein cheesecakes that aren't too bad for you
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I make my own cream cheese. It is really good and quite addicting. I don't know the nutrition info because is changes with the amount of whey that drains off. You have to use milk that is only pasturized and not ultra pastrized. I use 4 cups 2% milk, 1 cup 1% cultured buttermilk, 2/3 cup safeway non-fat powdered milk, 3 drops rennet. I heat the 2% milk on stove to around 180, then let cool to room temp. Stir in powdered milk, then stir in buttermilk and last stir in rennet. (you can choose animal, plant or bacteria based rennet) Cover with a cloth and put in a dark place for at least a day and don't disturb. I have a yogurt cheese make that I use to strain the cheese but you can use a mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Strain it after a day or two. The longer it sits out the more flavor it develops. Strain it for at last a day as well. You can adjust times for your personal preference in taste. For no bake cheesecake I use the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. Mix them to taste. I use around 1/4-1/2 cup sugar and about a 1-2 tsp of lemon juice I think. Sorry I don't measure. I just taste as I go along :D Instead of sugar you can use whatever substitute like stevia or splenda but not sure how it will taste. For the crust I just crumble honey graham crackers and mix with a little sugar, coconut oil and cinnamon.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Can you find some cheesecake bites or cheesecake pops and keep them at home and only have one when needed? I have salted toffee cheesecake pops that are 110 calories and cheesecake bites that are 60 calories each. Real cheesecake, just smaller portions.

Otherwise, somewhere on this site there's a recipe for these little Oreo bites mixed with cream cheese that have kind of an Oreo cheesecake vibe to them and are very yummy.
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

use the search box in the upper right to search on cheesecake and you'll see her recipes for cheesecake, cheesecake cups, and my favorite: pumpkin cheesecake shooters.
  • Mericlemama
    Mericlemama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it will do in a pinch. This has been one of my favorite treats lately... I take plain nonfat greek yogurt and stir in dry sugar free cheesecake jello. I slice up strawberries or blueberries and stir them in as well. For the crust you can use low fat graham crackers. I just eat it without the crust. It is really good and it makes you feel like you are cheating!
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I recently did the spark people cheesecake in muffin tins (with no fruit topping) and it was 77 calories & oh so yummy!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=384073
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    These all sounds so amazing thanksss
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I recently did the spark people cheesecake in muffin tins (with no fruit topping) and it was 77 calories & oh so yummy!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=384073

This sounds yummy!!
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is my "go to" website. She has healthy, tasty recipes.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Drool must have cheesecake!!!