LADIES: Do the girls shrink with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Much of the breast is fat tissue. Some women lose this fat earlier in their weight loss journey, while others lose it later. But yes, regardless of when you lose it, you will lose fat in your breasts as your overall body fat percentage goes down. With very rare exceptions, there is no such thing as a DD or larger with 20-22% body fat ratio unless they are implants.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    They shrunk, but not too much (I was a flabby 32C/D) but now I'm a firmer 32C/D.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    YES! I was a full C and barely a B now... :sad:
    I can live with smaller "girls" if it means having a smaller waist. :smile:
  • raspberrytartgirl
    raspberrytartgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes:smile: I started out a 46D when I weighed 250 pounds. at 175 pounds I am down to a 40C. I know as I keep going I will return to the 38C I was before I gained all the weight.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Natural breasts are 100% fat, no muscle, so yes, of course they are going to change in size depending on how much fat the body is carrying overall!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 lbs so far and went from a 40C to a 36C--but it varies a lot depending on genetics, fat%, etc.
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'll take fit with saggy boobs over obese with a nice rack any day.

THIS!!!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I've gone down in band size so far but not cup size yet, but your body loses weight from your whole body. The girls are included. I'm sure mine will go down more, I've lost quite a few inches from around the bust area already. Sucks! lol...but i'd rather have a flat tummy than big boobs. *shrug* So I'm looking forward to having a washboard stomach some day :drinker:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I've got this really basic question and it's probably silly but I'm curious. LADIES! When you started to lose weight or when you lost weight did your girls, (breasts) start to shrink or go down in size? Was it dramatic or minimal??

I lost 60 lbs before and my boobs just changed in size to be proportionate with my body. They were still big but did not fit in the bra I had when I was 60lbs heavier. I have been 180 lbs in the past and my boobs were still bigger, so I am not really afraid to lose them, though they will probably get down to a double d or d by the time I am done losing weight.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD at teh moment and even the last time I lost about fifty pounds I didn't go smaller than a D. I'm really hoping that happens this time because standing at 5'1 and wanting to get down to about 110 I don't want giant boobs. not to mention the years of back pain from having to lug them around. I'm just abuot done with big boobs tyvm
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I should just copy and paste this for every boob thread already...

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

sorry ladies, these are the breaks.

huh! I actually was clueless to that fact. I'm a little happier now knowing they have actually gone down somewhat now :smile: thanks!

I'm actually really glad that someone is pleased with this revelation!
    I usually get either lots of debate and/or derision for telling the facts such as they are.
    :smile:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    YES! (Thank God!) I don't like big boobs. I was a EE, have lost 60-ish lbs, have 40 to go and am now a C.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sigh........unfortunately, mine did. 21 pounds ago I was a B. Now I'm a lowly A. So sad.
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    I might be completely opposite but I have actually gone up a cup size!!! (Which hubby isnt complaining about AT ALL) Im thinking that maybe the size will go down (AUST 18 atm) but the cup size will either stay the same or slightly increase.
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

huh! I actually was clueless to that fact. I'm a little happier now knowing they have actually gone down somewhat now :smile: thanks!

I usually get either lots of debate and/or derision for telling the facts such as they are.

HELP!!!! Urgh I did not know this why the hell do they make sizes so complicated???So when I drop from a 36 to a 34 even if my cup doesnt drop they do get smaller??
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Much of the breast is fat tissue. Some women lose this fat earlier in their weight loss journey, while others lose it later. But yes, regardless of when you lose it, you will lose fat in your breasts as your overall body fat percentage goes down. With very rare exceptions, there is no such thing as a DD or larger with 20-22% body fat ratio unless they are implants.

I'm one of those exceptions. I'm under 20% - somewhere between 17 and 18% body fat and still a DD. I've always had huge boobs for my size and had to fight against having a reduction (damn Doctors and Parents). Boob loss with weightloss is very much so individual and up to genetics. My sister has lost 80 pounds and lost most of her boobs but at 300 pounds she was only a C cup.
  • 2woof
    2woof Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tell all! Always been the skinny runt of the litter and starting fasting last year has really had a devastating effect. What exercises do I need to do to pump them up a bit????
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    They always shrink first :grumble:

This is evil, but sooooo true. On the plus side, that side boob thing starts going away too and your bras start to work much better without all that extra fat on the sides.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    36C to 34D -- They're pretty much the same size.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

1- boobs are fat

HELP!!!! Urgh I did not know this why the hell do they make sizes so complicated???So when I drop from a 36 to a 34 even if my cup doesnt drop they do get smaller??

yes. One whole cup.
    that's how bras work. there are probably a couple hundred of bra sizes out there.... manufacturers do not make 200+ different bra cups/wires.

for example.... the cup on a 36B = 34C =32D = 30DD

going the other way, if you go from a 36C to a 34C you are decreasing a cup as the cup on the 34C is the size of a 36B cup, not a C.

but proportionately, as the rest of you is shrinking, they should more or less look the same. But they did shrink a cup size.