LADIES: Do the girls shrink with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I should just copy and paste this for every boob thread already...

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

sorry ladies, these are the breaks.

huh! I actually was clueless to that fact. I'm a little happier now knowing they have actually gone down somewhat now :smile: thanks!

I'm actually really glad that someone is pleased with this revelation!
    I usually get either lots of debate and/or derision for telling the facts such as they are.
    :smile:

HELP!!!! Urgh I did not know this why the hell do they make sizes so complicated???So when I drop from a 36 to a 34 even if my cup doesnt drop they do get smaller??

Are we seriously all reading this and saying it makes perfect sense? You didn't lose a cup size you lost WEIGHT in the breast. You can't lose a cup size and still wear teh same cup size. If you're losing band size that is around the part that is BELOW your breast. You can lose size around that way and stay teh same cup size......I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. If I go to victoria secret and still have to by a DD no matter what number is in front of it then my cup size is still a DD...
  • redrumxtina
    redrumxtina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have lost 99 pounds and mine have not shrunk., yet.
  • BlithesomeOne
    Options
    Mine sure have, but fortunately they've shrunk in proportion with the rest of me. Started out a C, still a C.

Note: the cup size has to do with your bust measurement vs. your ribcage measurement. A is a 1 inch difference, B is a 2 inch difference, C is a 3 inch difference, and so on. So yes, if you go from a 38C to a 34C, your ribcage and your boobs have both lost 4 inches.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I didn't have much going on there to begin with but they have definitely gotten smaller - unfortunately.
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I agree with posters that if it was due to increased weight that they grew--the excess weight will come off them also. My band size grew along with them (44D/DD) before loss and now 42D but very soft now. :tongue: Not really sagging much more though, so I'm okay with this. I'd like to end up a 38C, right now I look like I have large breasts in my new tighter tops!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Much of the breast is fat tissue. Some women lose this fat earlier in their weight loss journey, while others lose it later. But yes, regardless of when you lose it, you will lose fat in your breasts as your overall body fat percentage goes down. With very rare exceptions, there is no such thing as a DD or larger with 20-22% body fat ratio unless they are implants.

I'm one of those exceptions. I'm under 20% - somewhere between 17 and 18% body fat and still a DD. I've always had huge boobs for my size and had to fight against having a reduction (damn Doctors and Parents). Boob loss with weightloss is very much so individual and up to genetics. My sister has lost 80 pounds and lost most of her boobs but at 300 pounds she was only a C cup.

not trying to be a ***** here, but i think this is only because you actually are wearing the right size bra. (kudos on that btw!)

most American women your size would be wearing a 34C or 36B and thinking they were small chested.
    in general, the concept of "DD" is huge, where in my world and business, it's actually very small.

few people get the fact that a DD is not a static size and varies hugely with the band size acompanying it.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's the first place the weight drops off on me.
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    YES! uggg!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me, probably because I havn't lost much yet, but I've heard they're usually the first to go :sad:
  • TigressPat
    Options

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

huh! I actually was clueless to that fact. I'm a little happier now knowing they have actually gone down somewhat now :smile: thanks!

I usually get either lots of debate and/or derision for telling the facts such as they are.

HELP!!!! Urgh I did not know this why the hell do they make sizes so complicated???So when I drop from a 36 to a 34 even if my cup doesnt drop they do get smaller??

Are we seriously all reading this and saying it makes perfect sense? You didn't lose a cup size you lost WEIGHT in the breast. You can't lose a cup size and still wear teh same cup size. If you're losing band size that is around the part that is BELOW your breast. You can lose size around that way and stay teh same cup size......I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. If I go to victoria secret and still have to by a DD no matter what number is in front of it then my cup size is still a DD...

honey, I'm saying this in the nicest possible way, but if you are buying your bras at VS, you are getting ****ed.
    Get a professional fitting, and a bra that actually fits. You will like your boobs so much better.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options

1- boobs are fat

honey, I'm saying this in the nicest possible way, but if you are buying your bras at VS, you are getting ****ed.
    Get a professional fitting, and a bra that actually fits. You will like your boobs so much better.

i didn't get myself fitted there 'honey' i just buy them there because they're the only place that has support in a bra that i can get to not to mention i will NEVER like my boobs no matter where i buy my bras tyvm. i don't like how huge they are and i don't want them to be this big so don't presume to think that you know me well enough to think that a bra shop is going to change that.
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options

1- boobs are fat

yes. One whole cup.
    that's how bras work. there are probably a couple hundred of bra sizes out there.... manufacturers do not make 200+ different bra cups/wires.

for example.... the cup on a 36B = 34C =32D = 30DD

going the other way, if you go from a 36C to a 34C you are decreasing a cup as the cup on the 34C is the size of a 36B cup, not a C.

but proportionately, as the rest of you is shrinking, they should more or less look the same. But they did shrink a cup size.

Actually does now make a bit more sense and I bloody wish I'd known it before, I've struggled as I got put on contraception to balance out some spectacular mood swings (works really well) but I've put on 3 stone and so boobs have gone from an F to a HH.... Doc keeps saying the weight may not go which is why I've been saving like mad for December reduction but I may now be a little more patient!
  • sarahmaedzz
    sarahmaedzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was a 38D in high school and after losing weight I'm now a 34B, maybe? I haven't measured but the girls are definitely smaller and it's been terrible. Breast augmentation in my future!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone, I suppose it depends on if your tissue is more fat or breast tissue.

For me, I was a 40H when I started, I lost 75 pounds and went down to a 34G. I'm about 15 pounds from my goal weight now and I'm not seeing any real change. I've been hoping that with my last 15 pounds I'll start seeing it drop from my chest, but it just doesn't seem likely at this point and when I hit my goal weight, if I haven't had a drastic natural reduction, I'm going to have to have them surgically reduced for back issues, I'm just really hoping they reduce themselves naturally.

Edit to Add - people struggling with finding a GOOD bra and getting a GREAT fitting need to check out Nordstrom. Their lingerie girls are trained really well and even though you'll end up spending a lot on the bra you choose, it's totally worth it. Being a G cup means that finding a physical store with a selection of bras I can try on is near impossible, but Nordstrom has them and I can try on piles of bras there, and Wacoal makes an Awareness bra that is a great minimizer and holds everything tight, that's what I use to workout in since I hate the massiveness of a sports bra in my size.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Much of the breast is fat tissue. Some women lose this fat earlier in their weight loss journey, while others lose it later. But yes, regardless of when you lose it, you will lose fat in your breasts as your overall body fat percentage goes down. With very rare exceptions, there is no such thing as a DD or larger with 20-22% body fat ratio unless they are implants.

I'm one of those exceptions. I'm under 20% - somewhere between 17 and 18% body fat and still a DD. I've always had huge boobs for my size and had to fight against having a reduction (damn Doctors and Parents). Boob loss with weightloss is very much so individual and up to genetics. My sister has lost 80 pounds and lost most of her boobs but at 300 pounds she was only a C cup.

not trying to be a ***** here, but i think this is only because you actually are wearing the right size bra. (kudos on that btw!)

most American women your size would be wearing a 34C or 36B and thinking they were small chested.
    in general, the concept of "DD" is huge, where in my world and business, it's actually very small.

few people get the fact that a DD is not a static size and varies hugely with the band size acompanying it.

So very true! When I go to places like Victoria Secret they try to tell me that I'm a 34 C. The band is literally big enough to fit my arm in it! I always go to a "specialty" shops - the older ones - that cutomize, fit, and measure bras. It's more expensive but I have bras that are the right size.
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options

So very true! When I go to places like Victoria Secret they try to tell me that I'm a 34 C. The band is literally big enough to fit my arm in it! I always go to a "specialty" shops - the older ones - that cutomize, fit, and measure bras. It's more expensive but I have bras that are the right size.

Don't know if you have it in the US but we have Bravissimo and Pepperberry that are amazing shops and clothes are made to fit your bust, so you can get a dress that fits both bottom and top!!
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options

1- boobs are fat

Interesting just read this. http://www.brasize.com/bra-sister-size.html
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It varies for everyone. For me, it is the LAST thing to shrink.
  • jess_fowler
    jess_fowler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wish we could spot check and put the weight back in the boobs :(

I totally agree! Seems like almost all of my weight lost so far has been from my boobs :( Didn't have much to begin with and now even less. Wish the fat would leave my belly so at least my boobs would look a little bigger!
  • TigressPat
    Options

1- boobs are fat

i didn't get myself fitted there 'honey' i just buy them there because they're the only place that has support in a bra that i can get to not to mention i will NEVER like my boobs no matter where i buy my bras tyvm. i don't like how huge they are and i don't want them to be this big so don't presume to think that you know me well enough to think that a bra shop is going to change that.

i do not know YOU, but I know bras, and breasts.
    you are NOT a DD, you are at least an FF or G cup (if that is your picture on your profile).
    while you might not like this truth, or want to recognise it, I meant to help you and not harm. You would feel far better about your breasts in general with a properly fitting bra as they would:
    1- look smaller
    2- be properly supported and not feel as cumbersome
    3- fit in your clothes better

If you are buying anything at VS you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

now, they are your boobs, and I do not presume to tell you what to do with them, but i have been there, and hated mine for years and years.
    good luck to you