LADIES: Do the girls shrink with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• sethysgirl
    sethysgirl Posts: 45
    Options
    I was at a 44 DDD when I started. About 10 lbs ago I was 38 C. Now I am back to 36DD. Do they go away when you lose weight? For me, yes, until the skin starts to tighten up. Back to back problems...
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I lost a lot of weight several years ago, I went down a cup size, but that was about it. I have since gained back weight, and they have gotten a bit bigger than before that weight loss. So i am hoping mine go down again when I actually start losing weight...

It's not that bad. Honestly, if you are fairly well endowed, you are usually very thankful to have them go down a bit and lessen the load. At least I was.. and a few others ladies I know who lost weight and cup sizes! :wink:
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    from a 50E to a 38/40 C/D depending on where I buy the bra from fab being able to buy off the peg, not so fab is untamed they look like deflated balloons lol but hey I'd rather that than be 104lbs heavier again :bigsmile:
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I should just copy and paste this for every boob thread already...

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

sorry ladies, these are the breaks.

huh! I actually was clueless to that fact. I'm a little happier now knowing they have actually gone down somewhat now :smile: thanks!

I'm actually really glad that someone is pleased with this revelation!
    I usually get either lots of debate and/or derision for telling the facts such as they are.
    :smile:

HELP!!!! Urgh I did not know this why the hell do they make sizes so complicated???So when I drop from a 36 to a 34 even if my cup doesnt drop they do get smaller??

Are we seriously all reading this and saying it makes perfect sense? You didn't lose a cup size you lost WEIGHT in the breast. You can't lose a cup size and still wear teh same cup size. If you're losing band size that is around the part that is BELOW your breast. You can lose size around that way and stay teh same cup size......I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. If I go to victoria secret and still have to by a DD no matter what number is in front of it then my cup size is still a DD...

honey, I'm saying this in the nicest possible way, but if you are buying your bras at VS, you are getting ****ed.
    Get a professional fitting, and a bra that actually fits. You will like your boobs so much better.

i didn't get myself fitted there 'honey' i just buy them there because they're the only place that has support in a bra that i can get to not to mention i will NEVER like my boobs no matter where i buy my bras tyvm. i don't like how huge they are and i don't want them to be this big so don't presume to think that you know me well enough to think that a bra shop is going to change that.

i do not know YOU, but I know bras, and breasts.
    you are NOT a DD, you are at least an FF or G cup (if that is your picture on your profile).
    while you might not like this truth, or want to recognise it, I meant to help you and not harm. You would feel far better about your breasts in general with a properly fitting bra as they would:
    1- look smaller
    2- be properly supported and not feel as cumbersome
    3- fit in your clothes better

If you are buying anything at VS you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

now, they are your boobs, and I do not presume to tell you what to do with them, but i have been there, and hated mine for years and years.
    good luck to you

that's hilarious because I actually buy my bras at a lot of different department stores and whereveer i can afford them and they are all the same. If I was that big I wouldn't fit into a DD cup no matter where I bought them from. How about get off of your high horse and stop acting like you know ****. I fit in all of my clothes perfectly fine I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. That picture is not only 1) older but it is also taken with a ****ty as camera. You go and make assumptions about peopel but you aren't right and you aren't 'helping' anyone. You might have money to piss away going to professional places but if I'm fiting just fine in my bras and having no problem I dont' see why you feel the need to tell me I don't like my boobs becuase of my bra. I've hated them since I was ten and they showed up and I was the only girl who had them at ten and I hated them when they got bigger.

all stores, even department stores sell what they STOCK.
    as most don't stock anything above a DD, none will FIT you as above a DD.
    swear at me all you like, I don't mind. I'm sorry you are so discontent with a chest that many women would kill for.
    I never suggested you buy a hugely expensive bra at a bra boutique that will fit you properly, I suggested you get fitted there, which they do for FREE.

not all DD cups are the same size, even in the same band, many american bra companies make a DD cup that's actually much larger than a DD simply because many American women are in denial.
    but they still do not do it WELL, and I simply thought to offer you a BETTER alternative.
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options

you are lucky, living in the UK you have a huge amount of choice as to what you can get!
    In terms of fitting, with most women even a 5lb-10Lb (half a stone!!!) weight gain or loss can affect the fit of your bra. Bras also get worn out and stretch, so even if your size doesn't seem to have changed, it's always best to buy new bras every 6 months or so.
    most women in the US wear the wrong size to begin with, but this is mostly because the right size is not available so even "trained" fitters don't fit you properly, they fit you into what they sell. Also because we have a concept of certain sizes being static (i.e. a DD is HUGE, when in a 28 Band a DD is actually smaller than a petite orange half)
    [/quote]

I go 4 times a year and normally after a couple of drinks as the 'fitting' is actually on the upper floor of the shop, it has a little sitting room for men and then the back is all cubicles where they make you strip (they give you a pretty robe & let you keep your pants on) and kind of just look at you, then swan off and come back with things then manhandle and check, at no point do they measure and until they're happy you have no chance of arguing! they also do amazing simming costumes & gym gear though
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was never bigger than a B cup before kids after the first one I went to a D and now I am 38f and it's getting smaller as I lose weight. I actually will be happy if I can go back go the bra free days u can always use bra that makes it look like it's big anyway who cares!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I should just copy and paste this for every boob thread already...

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

sorry ladies, these are the breaks.

Watch out, we've got an expert here!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    [...

i didn't get myself fitted there 'honey' i just buy them there because they're the only place that has support in a bra that i can get to not to mention i will NEVER like my boobs no matter where i buy my bras tyvm. i don't like how huge they are and i don't want them to be this big so don't presume to think that you know me well enough to think that a bra shop is going to change that.

you are NOT a DD, you are at least an FF or G cup (if that is your picture on your profile).
    while you might not like this truth, or want to recognise it, I meant to help you and not harm. You would feel far better about your breasts in general with a properly fitting bra as they would:
    1- look smaller

now, they are your boobs, and I do not presume to tell you what to do with them, but i have been there, and hated mine for years and years.
    good luck to you

I'm going to agree with the above, I always thought I was a DD then finally got fitted as an F and if it wasn't for finding a fantastic fitter I'm happy with would not have known I had gone up again, and one massive bonus is when I get/got fitted for changes I felt a lot more comfortable in bra. I now know I need to go back again as it's rubbing and causing pain which should NEVER happen and means it's fitter wrong.... still didn't know about back/cup sizes but that makes sense and has always baffled me

I also experienced a lot of bad fittings. VS really dropped the ball for me (but I suspect it's because they don't go above a DD and didn't want to lose the sale), the girl there had me trying on bras in a DD with a band 4 inches larger than the one I walked in with so I just ended up with part of my boobs in the cup and the rest smashed under the band. Sexy. *eyeroll*

Macy's also dropped the ball for me, I went for a fitting and the girl measured me and told me I was something like a 38 DDD. I then proceeded to try on about 30 bras and NOTHING fit properly. I got fed up and left and walked to Nordstrom, which ended up being the best decision I ever made. I got measured in at a 40H and tried on piles of bras that fit beautifully, and when you have a massive chest, having OPTIONS in your bras is an amazing feeling. They actually sat against my breast bone (which I was 100% certain was impossible with boobs as big as mine) and they looked great. Since then, I exclusively go to Nordstrom for measuring and bra purchasing, and I recommend it to everyone with a large chest, I only regret that I went who knows how long wearing poorly fitting bras because I had never seen anything beyond a DDD in a store. I hate my boobs, with a passion I hate them, but they are much more tolerable with a good bra.
    [/quote]

bunky-
    nordstroms is pretty good for fitting simply because they carry more sizes and don't try to force you into what they carry. They also no longer employ that hated plus 4 rule.
    but what they sell is imported from the Uk mostly, so it's expensive (about $70 a bra)
    once you know your size, or better yet have tried on the bra at Nordstroms and written down the style number and size, if you want to save money, buy online. Uusally you can get the same bras for about half the price.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I"m still waiting...

Went from a 48H to a 36H (going to a 34 soon!). I tried going down to a G size, but I spill over. Ugh. Reduction is in my future!!
  • TigressPat
    Options

you are lucky, living in the UK you have a huge amount of choice as to what you can get!
    In terms of fitting, with most women even a 5lb-10Lb (half a stone!!!) weight gain or loss can affect the fit of your bra. Bras also get worn out and stretch, so even if your size doesn't seem to have changed, it's always best to buy new bras every 6 months or so.
    most women in the US wear the wrong size to begin with, but this is mostly because the right size is not available so even "trained" fitters don't fit you properly, they fit you into what they sell. Also because we have a concept of certain sizes being static (i.e. a DD is HUGE, when in a 28 Band a DD is actually smaller than a petite orange half)

I go 4 times a year and normally after a couple of drinks as the 'fitting' is actually on the upper floor of the shop, it has a little sitting room for men and then the back is all cubicles where they make you strip (they give you a pretty robe & let you keep your pants on) and kind of just look at you, then swan off and come back with things then manhandle and check, at no point do they measure and until they're happy you have no chance of arguing! they also do amazing simming costumes & gym gear though
    [/quote]

do you do it at Bravissimo?
    all the Bravissimos I've ever been to have the fitting rooms in the cellar!!!
    lol
    but they do have comfy settees, my sis fell asleep on one while waiting for me the last time i was there!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well mine finally did I'm glad though before my girls 34 b after 34 d ,just went to a 34 c recently I think if you were busty before your weight gain then they might not shrink as much ,but if its all fat then yes most likely took me 25 lbs to lose some finally. My daughters are almost 15 months and turning 3 in aug I stopped breast feeding long time ago so guess my breasts didn't want to budge .I still have 16 lbs left to lose to hit my ultimate goal weight. I'm just hoping they don't get smaller than a B ,I'm 4ft 10 so that's a perfect size for me.

at 105 to 115 I was a B my goal weight 105 to 110.

Id rather have my use to be perky B's than my not so perky C's lol
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    [...

1- look smaller

good luck to you

I'm going to agree with the above, I always thought I was a DD then finally got fitted as an F and if it wasn't for finding a fantastic fitter I'm happy with would not have known I had gone up again, and one massive bonus is when I get/got fitted for changes I felt a lot more comfortable in bra. I now know I need to go back again as it's rubbing and causing pain which should NEVER happen and means it's fitter wrong.... still didn't know about back/cup sizes but that makes sense and has always baffled me
    [/quote]

Same here! VS put me in something like a 42D or something - the band was literally falling down when I tried it on! Went to Nordstrom and voila! I was a 36G and got amazing bras that fit well. Go to Nordstrom or a lingerie boutique to get fitted, and buy bras there or look for the same brands (Wacoal, Chantelle, Fantasie, etc) at TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, online at figleaves, etc. They don't learn how to fit at VS - my cousin works there and she said she got no training on it but "fits" people all the time, and they are supposed to tell women a size they carry, so they will never tell you anything about a D/DD.

And all of you that are saying breasts are 100% fat, where are you getting your info LOL.
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options

do you do it at Bravissimo?
    all the Bravissimos I've ever been to have the fitting rooms in the cellar!!!
    lol
    but they do have comfy settees, my sis fell asleep on one while waiting for me the last time i was there!
    [/quote]

I do, I adore Bravissimo, in Liverpool city centre the shop is teeny, about the size of a terraced house and the top floor is the fitting room , and yup still have the comfy sofa's and the offer of a brew while you have to wait for people!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I've got this really basic question and it's probably silly but I'm curious. LADIES! When you started to lose weight or when you lost weight did your girls, (breasts) start to shrink or go down in size? Was it dramatic or minimal??

Absolutely. I was a solid D when I started. Now I'm Floating in a C.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had quite a dramatic reduction and have had to unpack the smaller bras I hadn't been wearing for the last couple of years. :D Mostly the change was in my chest size, rather than actual cup size though. :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    at my heaviest I was a 46-48D(i think...i know i was a D)....but when i lost weight my band size shrunk, but I went up a cup size to a DD....now the girls are starting to catch up, and I'm down to a D cup again.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Ive dropped almost a full cup size thus far.
    I try not to think of it as sgrinking, more that I'm returning them to their intended size.
    :wink:
  • chloecox
    chloecox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't shrink, even when I got down to 140 lbs (I'm back to 152 atm) they still stayed at 34DD :D
  • blondiecon
    blondiecon Posts: 13
    Options
    Yes, and it feels like that is the first thing shrinking!!!!!
  • emilysmallfry93
    Options
    I don't think my cup size has reduced, but I think my band width definately has so everytime I look down at them I feel like they're just too small! :( sad times haha