12 week challenge anyone

Options
I've put myself on a 12 week challenge - starting yesterday. And I'd like some company. I'm weighing myself and measuring every four weeks (which in itself I need support with because I'm a weigh-in addict!) But I'm going to do a weekly NSV on a Friday afternoon which I'm hoping will be more motivating... if you're anything like me.

I've set my goal to 1lb per week loss (I have 16 lbs to lose) and I will be going to the gym 5 times a week, alternating strength and cardio. I'm also trying to keep my macros at 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fat.

A bit about me. I have a gym phobia (fairly serious and every trip is a struggle) I am 29 years old with a 6 year old daughter. My inspirations are:

Being strong.
Being able to eat maintenance calories (LOVE food).
Fashion.
Being a good role model for my daughter
Getting married in the dress that I like
my August holiday (touring France with my partner)

Can I get some company?

Esme xx

SW:168
CW:163
GW: 151
UGW: 147

Replies

• kag896
    kag896 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can join you. I haven't joined a challenge on mfp before but I want to have the motivation. I have more to lose but other than that we have a lot of similarities. I am 30, have a 6 year old daughter, a 4 year old son, and an about to be 4 month old baby boy. I am looking to lose baby weight plus some, so that is about 30 to 45 pounds that I want to take off. I don't go to the gym because of time constraints, but I am working out 5-6 days a week using the 30 Day Shred. I also do some weights work.
    Current stats for me:
    Current weight: 191
    1st goal (pre-baby weight): 181
    2nd goal: 170
    Ideal weight: 164
    UGW: 145

My motivations are to fit back into my closet full of clothes I have in smaller cuter sizes and to be comfortable in a bathing suit so I can feel good taking my kids swimming this summer.

Katy
  • nancyl36
    nancyl36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yay - me too ! but what is - NSV ?
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I will join you. I am down to my last 12lbs. If I lose a pound a week that will be perfect.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    yay - me too ! but what is - NSV ?

Non scale victory
  • deloresmoore1162
    deloresmoore1162 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have challenged myself to do a 5K mud run in August I am doing the from Couch to 5K training program. In this, I am also have a 1.5lb weight loss goal a week or 20lbs in 12 weeks.
  • fancynance77
    fancynance77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will join you. I'm a mom to a 4 yr old girl. I've 9lbs left to lose but my fitness needs serious work so 12 weeks is perfect.
  • esme1983
    esme1983 Posts: 60
    Options
    Yay!! Thanks guys!

So, first NSV (non scale victory - something unrelated to weight. Could be meeting your goal of trips to the gym. Lifting a heavier weight, being complimented on your hair etc. etc.) on Friday - ready to motivate for the weekend.

xxxxx
  • LouBInCanada
    Options
    non scale victory

SV = scale victory