LADIES: Do the girls shrink with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yes! i went from a DDD to a DD and i hope they keep shrinking to be honest.
  • oneblumsy
    oneblumsy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So far, that is the ONLY thing that has noticably shrunk and stayed "shrunkened". <sigh> I didn't have much to begin with.
  • jotoppis
    jotoppis Posts: 2
    Options
    everyones body is different! mine didnt start to shrink til i lost 20 pounds, i have about 10 more to go, but once my extra weight came off than my chest went down, but from a 40D to a 38C was worth it atleast i can find cute bras now!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Not sure if "shrink" is the right word, more like deflated.

I went from 42DD to 34D and finally had them "lifted" ... now they are amazing again :)
  • Dominque61
    Dominque61 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i HAVE SEEN VARIOUS GIRLFRIENDS' SIZES DROP AFTER SIGNIFICANT (30 POUNDS PLUS) WEIGHT LOSS. (excuse caps It is not always dramatic, but for those of us who like to look at them, we see the difference in the way shirts fit you, etc.biggest drop I saw without surgery was two cup sizes, from ddd to d or c.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The girls have definitely shrunk but not as much as my band size, so it all depends on genetics. Before losing weight, I was wearing a 42D but I didn't know anything about properly fitting bras then, so who knows what size I actually should have been wearing. Now I have lost about 9.5" around my ribcage (band size) & about 8" around my bust (cup size) so I'm now fitting into a 32H. So even though my cup size is bigger, my boobs are waaaaay smaller than they were. I can't agree enough with TigressPat--a properly fitted bra is a miracle.

@MaydayParadeGirl just to explain why you could fit into a DD bra even though you should be wearing a larger cup size--the cup size is proportionate to the band size. A DD cup in a larger band size is bigger than a DD cup in a smaller band size. To fit you into a DD cup, you are probably wearing a band size that is way to big for you. Your ribcage measurement should basically be your band size--adding 4"-5" just gives you a band that will shift & not support you, since the support for your bust should come from a very snug band (not the straps). If you don't want to go to a specialty shop, look at the online calculator www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm

I've been professionally fitted twice at different weights & the calculator has given me the same size as the fitters. Try not to buy into the stigma that a cup size larger than DD is outlandish & just get a bra that fits correctly. It's no fun to wear an ill fitting bra--shifting, digging straps, poking wires, etc. I would rather pay $80 for 1 well fitting bra than $30 each for several in the wrong size.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The girls have definitely shrunk but not as much as my band size, so it all depends on genetics. Before losing weight, I was wearing a 42D but I didn't know anything about properly fitting bras then, so who knows what size I actually should have been wearing. Now I have lost about 9.5" around my ribcage (band size) & about 8" around my bust (cup size) so I'm now fitting into a 32H. So even though my cup size is bigger, my boobs are waaaaay smaller than they were. I can't agree enough with TigressPat--a properly fitted bra is a miracle.

@MaydayParadeGirl just to explain why you could fit into a DD bra even though you should be wearing a larger cup size--the cup size is proportionate to the band size. A DD cup in a larger band size is bigger than a DD cup in a smaller band size. To fit you into a DD cup, you are probably wearing a band size that is way to big for you. Your ribcage measurement should basically be your band size--adding 4"-5" just gives you a band that will shift & not support you, since the support for your bust should come from a very snug band (not the straps). If you don't want to go to a specialty shop, look at the online calculator www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm

I've been professionally fitted twice at different weights & the calculator has given me the same size as the fitters. Try not to buy into the stigma that a cup size larger than DD is outlandish & just get a bra that fits correctly. It's no fun to wear an ill fitting bra--shifting, digging straps, poking wires, etc. I would rather pay $80 for 1 well fitting bra than $30 each for several in the wrong size.

No wonder I have trouble finding bras that fit. I just went to the site you linked to and was told my bra should be a 34H. I don't even know where to find a bra that big and probably wouldn't have the money for it anyway. My boobies better shrink >.<
  • lynnieval
    lynnieval Posts: 6
    Options
    haha. good one!
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The girls shrunk but my band size stayed the same. I've gone down at least a full cup size. When I lose weight that's always the first place that it goes.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I was wearing the wrong size before, 38-40DD. After 15 lbs and lots of inches lost, I measured last week and came up with 36DDD. I found one that size at Ross this weekend and wow, what a difference. They look slightly less ridiculously large and fit into clothing way better as well.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

No wonder I have trouble finding bras that fit. I just went to the site you linked to and was told my bra should be a 34H. I don't even know where to find a bra that big and probably wouldn't have the money for it anyway. My boobies better shrink >.<

You can find bras your size at Nordstrom's or online: www.herroom.com or www.barenecessities.com. Try searching their sale bras.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yes!! 20lbs ago I bought my yearly bra supply of 38 ddds..now the girls are swimming in them.. I am still wearing them..but they are huge on me..i tried on an old 36 DD and it fit perfectly now.. I have only lost 20 lbs..but ALOT of inches. .not sure on how much..since I was stupid and never measured myself! ugh..:)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I havent even lost 20lbs yet and my cups are too big :( I didn't even have big boobies to begin with! Im living in sports bras atm.
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nope. I had the opposite problem. I have PCOS. My boobs shrank when I gained weight! :grumble:
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    Yeah, definitely!! You can definitely tell as your shirts start to get smaller. I've noticed the most dramatic change in my legs.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    30+ pounds, and they haven't shrunk at all. I've been measured 3 times, including yesterday. I started in a 38D, and I'm now a 38D or 38DD. Seems crazy, but it's true!

At my lowest adult weight I was 20 pounds less than now, and they were a cup size smaller, so we'll see!

ETA: My shirt size has gone from an XXL/XL to a Large though. I guess that means I'm showing them off more now?!? ;)
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes! I lost about 16lbs and they shrunk about a cup size.
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :) one last thing, do they firm up? if that makes sense
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, the girls firm up (my boobs are mainly flab)
  • Sandraleigh87
    Sandraleigh87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes :(