coffee

Options

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I think I might burn more calories than I take in when I drink coffee. I drink it black. I make it by grinding the beans in a small hand-crank grinder and then using a pour-over method. It takes me like 5-7 minutes to grind enough for a 16oz coffee and it's relatively vigorous rotations.
    I could *not* :noway: wait that long for my coffee in the morning. I think you should probably log that routine as exercise!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Every day. Often a regular (single cream/sugar) from Tim hortons. When I make it at home I put some homo milk and sugar in there.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I still drink it. If I don't, I usually battle a headache all day. I have mine with splenda and three tbsps of creamer. Right now, I'm having cofeemate french vanilla. Yum!
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Two cups a day with regular Half & Half (hold the sugar). Log it, and it's all good...
  • jamiecrick3582
    jamiecrick3582 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every morning! I use a tablespoon of half an half. None of the fake stuff :)
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Black coffee- nom, nom, nom!

(I mix it with my chocolate protein powder so it's like a mocha shake!) - 1 cup cold, but not old, black coffee, protein powder and fill the rest of the shaker with water.

Enjoy!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i drink coffee on my diet plan

i also ate a Kit Kat today on my diet plan

and yesterday, i had some ice cream... no. wait. that was 2 days ago.
  • neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    They have flavored syrups in the coffee aisle. They are lower in calories than creamer. I use a splash of one of those with some sugar substiute, usually stevia.
  • my3apsons
    my3apsons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just log it but I won't give it up at least in the morning.. We were using Half and half and have moved to low fat half and half. We hope to move to fat free half and half next but if we don't like it, then so be it. We just stay where we are. I use monk sugar to sweeten my coffee but I have been cutting way back on anything sweet. Sometimes in the afternoon if the mood hits, I'll make an ice coffee. It's rare.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    coffee makes my anxiety through the roof, however I'm addicted to the taste so I still drink decaf several times a day. I usually use almond milk, or lacto free cream when I feel like a treat.
  • emilyds
    emilyds Posts: 88
    Options
    I love plain black coffee! At about 2 calories per cup, it's really not an issue with my diet.

However - I did read recently that you should always eat something before drinking coffee, otherwise all the caffeine with no food can actually slow down your metabolism for the day, so I try to at least have a piece of toast or some cereal in the morning, otherwise I would just go to work and drink coffee for hours on end!

Oh you read that? Was that in the American Journal of Broscience? Maybe the Journal of Negative Results?

Thanks for the snarky response. I read it in Redbook. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or even really give credibility to that, just sharing my thoughts and opinions. By the way, it has worked very well for me... so not sure where you're coming from with the "Journal of Negative Results"
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have a huge Turvis cup filled with coffee, which is 24oz. I add 2 tbsp of International Delight Sugar Free Caramel Machiato (20 calories) and a squirt of Stevia To Go (0 calories). Total: 26 calories for three cups of coffee! Can't beat that! I would go into caffeine withdrawal if I didn't have it each morning.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Oh no!

Original OP has deactivated his account
  • pyt740
    pyt740 Posts: 4
    Options
    Coffee is great...black of course... however. if you want to add some cream try rice, almond or coconut milk and a natural sweetener such as Stevie...
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee black. I have 2 -5 cups per day, depending on the day and what is going on. I'm trying to cut down a little, not for the calories but to lower my tolerance for Caffeine so that when I drink a cup, it actually wakes me up.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Coffee is life, i dont care what diet your on.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    umm hell ya i do
  • katiej080810
    Options
    1cup of coffee with real half and half. I count the calories. Coffee is non optional in my book!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a part of life. Putting a small amount of flavoring so you can enjoy it more is by all means acceptable but I would ask you to reconsider using coffeemate because of this:

Coffee-Mate does not list the product's ingredients on its website nor is it to be found online. Coffee-Mate can legally say that its product is "trans fat free" because the serving size is so small however, Coffee-Mate does contain trans fats.[2]

Retrieved from Coffee-Mate website 15th May 2013 for it's original powder product.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 tsp (2g) Amount Per Serving Calories 10 Calories From Fat 0 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0g 0% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Trans Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 0mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Sugars 0g Protein 0g

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Not a significant source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. INGREDIENTS: CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, VEGETABLE OIL (PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COCONUT OR PALM KERNEL, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN)**, SUGAR, SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE (MODERATES COFFEE ACIDITY), AND LESS THAN 2% OF COLOR ADDED, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES (PREVENTS OIL SEPARATION)**, SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, SALT, ANNATTO COLOR.

Adds a trivial amount of fat.
    Not a source of lactose.

Using real cream beats using this any day of the week.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I would likely give up my husband before I'd give up my coffee ;)

I used to drink it with flavoured Coffeemate, then got down to just cream, then just milk. Now I can have it with a bit of skim milk and that's it.