CHOCOLATE

Options
Why AM I craving CHOCOLATE
I want some NOW lol.
Oh well.....I will eat my pineapples with blueberries and almonds...........
However tomorrow for my snack at work I will have to figure something
out with a tiny bit of chocolate in it!

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. Amazingly enough I haven't had a crazing in a couple of days but I usually try to mix it in with my fruit as a snack and to keep cravings away.

Not chocolate, but what always keeps me happy is Strawberries with Nutella. It's my treat when I've been good and have calories to spare.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I could eat a vat of chocolate if allowed. Love the stuff.

I don't believe in depriving yourself, so if it's a true craving, and you like dark chocolate, have a few squares and savour them, see how you feel after :)
  • AlysaN
    AlysaN Posts: 11
    Options
    I crave really dark chocolate. Like the 84% intense dark chocolate. I buy the Ghiradelli squares and have one when I've craving. Just one does it for me since they're so dark and rich.
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    I want some NOW lol.

This is one of the mistakes that would-be healthy people make; they deprive themselves. If you want a piece of chocolate, then have a piece of chocolate (notice I said "piece" and not "whole candy bar"). If you want a candy bar, buy one and have half now, and half before bed; there's nothing wrong with that.

If you continue to deprive yourself you'll eventually crack and binge and it won't be pleasant or fun. However, if you allow yourself to have a "forbidden" food once or twice a day, then you'll be able to sustain this new lifestyle.

I'll give you my personal anecdote: I buy a large bag of "Fun Size" candy bars every week at the grocery store and I usually have one with lunch and one with dinner. They last the whole week and I never feel deprived.
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just had a piece of dove dark chocolate with sea salt caramel. It's like 39 calories, and totally satifies my cravings. I don't believe in deprevation. It's not sustainable and it leads to binges. If you're craving it, go for it. Just don't over do it. Everything in moderation.
  • sfhudgens
    sfhudgens Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I want some NOW lol.

This is one of the mistakes that would-be healthy people make; they deprive themselves. If you want a piece of chocolate, then have a piece of chocolate (notice I said "piece" and not "whole candy bar"). If you want a candy bar, buy one and have half now, and half before bed; there's nothing wrong with that.

If you continue to deprive yourself you'll eventually crack and binge and it won't be pleasant or fun. However, if you allow yourself to have a "forbidden" food once or twice a day, then you'll be able to sustain this new lifestyle.

I'll give you my personal anecdote: I buy a large bag of "Fun Size" candy bars every week at the grocery store and I usually have one with lunch and one with dinner. They last the whole week and I never feel deprived.
    [/quote]

LOL I am not depriving myself. I just don't have access to any and I want some :) I didn't want it this morning so thats why I packed what I did :) I just know that tomorrow I will be packing something different. And now I want some nutella and strawberries...So that may be my snack tomorrow!
    Thanks guys :)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I eat a full chocolate bar nearly everyday. Yum Yum
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too! For me I keep the following in, low cal options that satisfy me:-
    Mini milk - 30 kcals
    2 x jaffa cakes - 92 kcals (if you go for Sainsbury's basic jaffa cakes - 88 kcal for 2)
    Tesco chocolate mousse - 80 kcal
    Mini animals (22g bag) - 95 kcal
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    100 cal cookie packs.............
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    get the little chocolate squares that come individually wrapped from godiva or ghirardelli. somehting with a g. they're at the market.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Valrhona! One square more than does it for me.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    homemade trail mix:

dark chocolate chips, almonds, and a few tiny marshmellows :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate. It's good for you.

tumblr_mfwged4zN21s1zyafo1_500_zps0b622bca.gif
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat a full chocolate bar nearly everyday. Yum Yum

me too - 3 musketeers while I am taking a bath. Some people have a glass of wine to unwind...me - it is my chocolate bar. 67 pounds down - doesn't seem to have caused me a problem.
  • mjhmjhmjh
    mjhmjhmjh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Once I start eating chocolate I can't stop!
    I totally avoid it! But it has so many issues with palm oil, animal testing and child labour it is pretty easy to stop eating it!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    a_4_4_5_excellence_85_cacao_bag_zpse5dc33a3.png

I get a bag of these (70% though, 85% is too damn dry for me) when the store has them stocked. 3 squares = 90 cals and a nice bit of chocolate. I have tried 85% with a thin spread of Nutella and that cuts the dry taste to make it tolerable.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I will Never ever give up chocolate. One piece will satisfy my craving except around ''THAT" time of the month. Then I new a whole handfull!!
  • Tubatubatoaslimmerme
    Options
    Chocolate Gimme :)
  • p1otty
    p1otty Posts: 2
    Options
    My wife and I buy the 73% cacao chocolate bars from Trader Joe's. They IMO have the perfect balance of cacao and sweetness, plus 2 squares are only 90 calories...