I hate vegetables!

Options
13»

Replies

• blondegirl102511
    Options
    I have the same problem! Wanna help me too?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I should clarify the "lettuce is weird" statement. Lettuce to me feels like cardboard in my mouth.

I'm loving all the suggestions! Thanks!

Some varieties of lettuce are stiffer than others. Me, I like a crisp lettuce .... but red leaf lettuce is wimpy (drives me crazy). You might try red leaf lettuce chopped up and added to a sandwich. If you can tollerate that (maybe work on it) .... then you can build up to a red leaf lettuce salad.

Veggie textures will change with cooking methods and freezing. You might like a veggie raw .... but hate it cooked. Certain veggies are terrible frozen & others are excellent that way.

PARSNIPS ..... if you like cooked carrots .... these are yummy (very similar flavor) .... they look like white carrots... and cook quickly.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I like most veggies but I don't seem to like the ones that are best for me (broccoli, kale, beets, etc.) I just juice them along with super healthy fruits and gulp them down. It's an expensive solution but I have been feeling really great since I started.
  • andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    only way to get past it is to try it. as a kid brussel sprouts = farts. but my bf loves them and made me some, just boiled plain and i liked them. they taste like cauliflower & broccoli combined. we pick veggies we like mainly but one a week is something new. even if we dislike it, we finish it. then we know for sure and can move on to the next one.