whats your WHY in losing weight?

Options
I became a Beachbody coach at the end of Feb and one thing I ask my challengers is...WHY? I started focusing on that a lot lately but not just for weight loss. Ive notice a HUGE difference in my life when I pay attention to WHY I need or WHY I want something.

MY WHY is I want to feel like ME after giving my body to having 2 WONDERFUL lil boys.

I want to FEEL secure walking around naked!

I want to see an outfit on someone else and NOT wonder will my love handles work with that LOL (OK so not really funny but ya)

I want to do it for the "damn you look hot" comments or looks. (even tho im taken Id never cheat on my hubs for the record)

Also another WHY is bc I LOVE motivating people so my WHY to lose weight is also to help others in their journey. Hense why I love being a beachbody coach.

I lost all my baby weight with my first and now with being done with having kids...im ready to WORK IT!

So food for thought "WHATS YOUR WHY IN LOSING WEIGHT"?

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Mine are all mostly shallow sounding reasons. Whatever. I'm OK with that.
    1. I'm going through a divorce. (DON'T SAY SORRY IT'S BETTER)
    2. I refuse to not take the time for myself anymore
    3. As conceited as it may sound I know that if I walk into a room people will notice when I'm at a lower weight (this isn't just because of looks obviously so don't think that is the only thing I'm talking about here)
    4. I am ready to update my summer style. I just need another month or so
    5. I've been putting off getting another tattoo, but this is going to be reward for meeting my goal over the next 5 weeks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It's much more shallow and vanity oriented at the moment, but I started out due to health reasons and some bad blood work...actually, I didn't really set out to lose weight necessarily...just eat better and get proper nutrition and some exercise. In doing that, I just dropped weight...I lost a good 15 Lbs or so. When I hit 200ish Lbs I joined MFP with the idea that I would not only get better nutrition, but I'd get myself to a healthy BF% as well in an attempt to get off my meds and just be an all around healthier individual.

Mission accomplished...got myself down from around 28-30% BF to 19-20% BF. I've been maintaining for the last couple of months and really focusing on my lifting, but I've decided I want to drop another 4-5% BF for pure vanity.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Personal insecurities.
    A history of blood clots.
    A family history of heart attacks.
    Would like to have a second child and be a healthy weight before doing so.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Every extra pound causes my chronic pain to be worse. Less weight=less pain
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    For the most part vanity and insecurity
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    1. I want to wear small fashionable clothes.
    2. I want to keep up with my boys.
    3. I want to see my muscles.
    4. I want to make my husband proud of my appearance.
    5. I want to be proud of my appearance.
    6. I don't want to die in the zombie apocalypse because I couldn't run fast enough.:laugh:
  • ashcardenas
    Options
    Shallow NO WAY!!! Weight loss should be for YOU. It should be for SELFISH reasons. I love that you have a reward for it too! Your reasons show commitment and not only that but it looks like you have some great fuel for that fire!!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked. That is going to require more than losing weight though. When I lose enough fat, I will start building muscle. Also, it keeps my mind occupied when my kids visit their mom. I used to date on those weekends, but since I have given up dating and gotten into fitness I have found that I am much happier.
  • ashcardenas
    Options
    Mine are all mostly shallow sounding reasons. Whatever. I'm OK with that.
    1. I'm going through a divorce. (DON'T SAY SORRY IT'S BETTER)
    2. I refuse to not take the time for myself anymore
    3. As conceited as it may sound I know that if I walk into a room people will notice when I'm at a lower weight (this isn't just because of looks obviously so don't think that is the only thing I'm talking about here)
    4. I am ready to update my summer style. I just need another month or so
    5. I've been putting off getting another tattoo, but this is going to be reward for meeting my goal over the next 5 weeks.

Shallow NO WAY!!! Weight loss should be for YOU. It should be for SELFISH reasons. I love that you have a reward for it too! Your reasons show commitment and not only that but it looks like you have some great fuel for that fire!!
  • ashcardenas
    Options
    It's much more shallow and vanity oriented at the moment, but I started out due to health reasons and some bad blood work...actually, I didn't really set out to lose weight necessarily...just eat better and get proper nutrition and some exercise. In doing that, I just dropped weight...I lost a good 15 Lbs or so. When I hit 200ish Lbs I joined MFP with the idea that I would not only get better nutrition, but I'd get myself to a healthy BF% as well in an attempt to get off my meds and just be an all around healthier individual.

Mission accomplished...got myself down from around 28-30% BF to 19-20% BF. I've been maintaining for the last couple of months and really focusing on my lifting, but I've decided I want to drop another 4-5% BF for pure vanity.

CONGRATES! sounds like you took them lemons and made some lemonade!!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so that the hospital will put me on the waiting list for a double lung transplant to save my freakin life! Also, on a shallower note, I am a rock musician...and no one wants a fat lead singer! Gott alook good in Rock n Roll! WOOHOO!
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm a diver and one day I saw a picture of myself in a wetsuit. I looked like an 8-ball.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I always felt like the 'big' one out of my friends and I was unhappy and insecure so I decided to do something about it! 37lbs lighter and I am a lot happier and healthier and a lot more in control :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

6. I don't want to die in the zombie apocalypse because I couldn't run fast enough.:laugh:

LMAO! Never thougth about that one....good point!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I became a Beachbody coach at the end of Feb and one thing I ask my challengers is...WHY? I started focusing on that a lot lately but not just for weight loss. Ive notice a HUGE difference in my life when I pay attention to WHY I need or WHY I want something.

MY WHY is I want to feel like ME after giving my body to having 2 WONDERFUL lil boys.

I want to FEEL secure walking around naked!

I want to see an outfit on someone else and NOT wonder will my love handles work with that LOL (OK so not really funny but ya)

I want to do it for the "damn you look hot" comments or looks. (even tho im taken Id never cheat on my hubs for the record)

Also another WHY is bc I LOVE motivating people so my WHY to lose weight is also to help others in their journey. Hense why I love being a beachbody coach.

I lost all my baby weight with my first and now with being done with having kids...im ready to WORK IT!

So food for thought "WHATS YOUR WHY IN LOSING WEIGHT"?

I am like you wanted to: I want to FEEL secure walking around naked!

Want to leave the shower without having to wrap the towel around my body.

Want to wear skimpy night wear to bed without body parts hanging out

Want to wear skimpy shorts around the house without by butt one end and my stomach the other end.
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've got stuff I've gotta get done, and my weight was holding me back :) I'm here for more energy.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    1. Makes the wife happy
    2. Need to slim down for hockey
    3. Never been "thin" or "slim" before, want to see how much I can lose! I'm actually at the lightest I've been in my adult life.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've made this list before but some of mine are:

1. Fitting comfortably in a plane seat and not needing to use the extender (no extender needed now but still...)
    2. I was nearly out of even plus sizes offered in my dept stores (not anymore)
    3. I want to have a baby, and my weight has messed that up
    4. To inspire the larger members of my family to lose weight
    5. To finally succeed at 1 thing, and just kick its *kitten*!
    6. To not be controlled by my desires for food/ laziness
    7. To walk in to a room and not be the biggest person...every time
    8. To not cringe when I see someone has tagged me in a photo
    9. Because I want to live for a really long time and you don't see very many really old, really fat people.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Im doing it for selfish reasons....
    Im doing it for me.

I want to look my best, feel my best...

I'm tired of skinny shop assistants looking down their nose at me when i ask if they have an item in a size 18's, im tired of women looking at me, then looking at my hubby with the 'really??? you can do so much better' faces!

Im tired of not feeling attractive. It dosnt help how much my hubby tells me how sexy i am to him, to me i see a huge ball of fat/stretchmarks and hanging skin, to me i have no value.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I want to look awesome naked.
    I want to look awesome in a two piece bathing suit.
    I want to look awesome for myself.
    I want to be able to wear short shorts, well fine, regular shorts will do.
    To prove to myself that I am able to change in a hectic world and that nothing will keep me from my goal.