5"3 ladies?

Options

Replies

• mickey2168
    mickey2168 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'' and a half- does that count? :smile: I have only lost 7 pounds and it has been slow but since I upped my calories )between 1500 to 1600 or so it has been coming off easier. Hang in there!
  • Aruba08
    Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hi, im 5'3 and am down 11 pounds in about 4 and a half weeks!!!! Woohoo!!! :)
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5' 2.5" but I CLAIM 5'3" :-)

I eat a LOWER carb/primal and about 20% of my TDEE. Workout 5-6x a week. 3x a week heavy lifting and the other 2-3 are cardio.

Anyone feel free to add me, happy to help and support all us shorties. I don't have progress pics because I pretty much detest attention in anyway so posting progress pics is my worst nightmare. Hoping to step out of my comfort zone when I hit goal weight and post. :-)
  • GoTimeBaby
    GoTimeBaby Posts: 27
    Options
    I am 5'3. I have about 20 lbs to lose.
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    Yes! Down 7 lbs with 8 more to lose. Doing TDEE minus 20% :)
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm right at 5 foot 3 myself and am working to lose about fifty pounds and get down to 140. I'd love to get lower, but I know getting to 140 is doable. About seven years ago, I got down to 145, but then I stopped working out and put all the weight back on. :-(

At this point, I'm focusing on walking for a half hour at least four days a week and meeting my calorie goal. I've lost three pounds since I started tracking here on MFP about two weeks ago. When the new recreation center opens next to my apartment complex in mid-June, I'll be ramping up my fitness plan and taking advantage of the exercise equipment and indoor pool. I can't wait!

Really enjoying hearing the success stories. Feel free to add me!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". I've lost some water weight, but I barely actually started to lose something after trying alot of things. Apparently I just have to kill myself on the cardio equipment to see anything happen. Different things work for different people
  • jaishar1985
    jaishar1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3. I have been wondering how all the 5 ft 3 people look lol. Trying to reach my goal weight which is 145.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    556861_10152283425155599_461961955_n.jpg
    This is me at about 170 or so, and you can definitely see it in my face...
    423816_10152870423715599_1391307630_n.jpg
    and this is me at 131 :)
    I have 11 to goal :)
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I am 5'3" and a bit. My measurements started at:
    SW 148
    bust 38.5
    waist 30.5
    hips 38.5

CW 145
    bust 37.5
    waist 28.75
    hips 37

Inches lost almost 4.5.

I have only lost 4 pounds since my highest, but have started 30D shred and that is helping more with inches.
    My GW is at least 135, but perhaps will try for 130. My main goal is to bring BMI back down to at least 23-24.

Hopefully, I i will post in a month or two with at least 5-10 pounds more lost and at least 3 more inches.
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and just made goal today. Aiming to loose another 10 lbs within the next couple of months.
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how many calories you ladies are eating? I am 5'3" 1/2 and I just can't seem to lose. I have tried many diet plans, but nothing seems to work. Jenny Craig worked, but that was the only plan. I wasn't exercising either. Now I am doing elliptical 1 hour per day. Burns like 550 calories. I need help.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and have now lost 30lbs. :)
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    5'3", 42 years old, 110 pounds. I just hit my goal weight. Now it's time to work on muscle! :)
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how many calories you ladies are eating? I am 5'3" 1/2 and I just can't seem to lose. I have tried many diet plans, but nothing seems to work. Jenny Craig worked, but that was the only plan. I wasn't exercising either. Now I am doing elliptical 1 hour per day. Burns like 550 calories. I need help.
    I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day depending on what kind of exercise I do. Cardio alone won't do it, you really need to lift weights....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    again? :huh: is this a new thread on the topic? why is 5'3" such a major deal? so anywho here goes my schpiel again. I'm 5'2.75 inches. IF that's close enough for you, add me. If i'm too short for your club, don't. Either way theres a group called petite but sweet or somthing like that for short girls.

Good luck with the men's who like to pop up in these threads cruising for short women. Unsure why? Is it like fun to walk around losing us behind the clothing racks at the mall?
  • Meganisaface
    Meganisaface Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3. In the process of losing weight. I've lost almost 6 pounds in a month and can already see a big difference. I've actually been able to get into some old clothes! My goal weight is 125, I'm getting closer every single day! Good luck to you!
  • Natalienowicki
    Options

I have been eating between 1500-1800 calories a day for the past 7 weeks. Ive gone down over 5% body fat in that time, and built a good bit of muscle. On the scale I've only lost 3-4lbs, but I'm down several dress sizes and have lost 3 inches in my waist, 2 in my hips, 2 in my bust, 2.5 in from each thigh and 1.5 inches from each arm. That said, I lift weights for an hr 3xs a week(monday wed. fri.), and i break a sweat doing it, and always start with 10 mins on the elliptical. I also do cardio 2-3x a week(tues. thurs. sat.) The key is to build muscle, because the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn! If you eat below 1200 calories a day with intensive training, your body will fight you the whole way, especially if you dont have atleast a small post workout snack. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, im happy to answer. BTW I am 5'3 and 140lbs @ 24.7%body fat.
    Good luck!
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    Yep, 5'3 and have a long way to go :)
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Maybe try mixing up your cardio . YOur body will get used to doing the same thing. I do circuit and that really mixes things up.

I have been eating between 1500-1800 calories a day for the past 7 weeks. Ive gone down over 5% body fat in that time, and built a good bit of muscle. On the scale I've only lost 3-4lbs, but I'm down several dress sizes and have lost 3 inches in my waist, 2 in my hips, 2 in my bust, 2.5 in from each thigh and 1.5 inches from each arm. That said, I lift weights for an hr 3xs a week(monday wed. fri.), and i break a sweat doing it, and always start with 10 mins on the elliptical. I also do cardio 2-3x a week(tues. thurs. sat.) The key is to build muscle, because the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn! If you eat below 1200 calories a day with intensive training, your body will fight you the whole way, especially if you dont have atleast a small post workout snack. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, im happy to answer. BTW I am 5'3 and 140lbs @ 24.7%body fat.
    Good luck!
    [/quote]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!