ZUMBA!

Options
2»

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i lost 70 pounds(baby weight plus another 20 pounds) doing zumba. i did the dvds and then the gym. i love the group zumba class because ive met so many nice people we actually account for each other and our workouts and also we take up half the room in some of our classes. we take 3-4 classes a week. our instructors are nuts, in a good way. she just lets loose and makes the rest of us let loose. she messes up sometimes and she laughs at herself which causes us to laugh at ourselves. shes great. i love the dancing zumba that's high impact. the next day im always sore, and i love it.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have zumba core for the xbox kinect and love it! I really got into it this last month and do it 4-5 times a week for anywhere from 45 mins to 1 1/2hrs. I seriously LOVE it and i believe im addicted to it! I love all the songs and dances although some are a little challenging! So far i have lost 3-4 pounds and a few inches off my abdomen, legs, and arms! I also started using weighted gloves to add more resistance and make my workout more intense! I think if your really bust your butt and eat well you will get results! It took 4-5 wks for my body to adjust and the scale to move!

Edit. Typo
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba a few months ago and it's been the best thing in my weight loss journey I could've done. I'm very, very thankful for it. It's crazy fun. The instructor is awesome. She takes time after class if you have trouble with any moves and goes to any new people during the routine to personally walk them through the steps.

I've seen a substantial improvement in my fitness and I believe Zumba's been pivotal in me breaking into Onederland. :D I'm definitely addicted.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I go to 4 to 5 zumba classes per week. I love them, but the instructor can make or break the class. My personal preference is zumba toning, but regular zumba is fun too.

I prefer classes with easy to follow steps, and a lot of "exercises" thrown in (squats, high knees, lunges, etc...) because I burn a lot more calories (hrm).

I started in january and have lost 20lbs and 1 pant size!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I preferred the WII over live class.. My instructor pretty much did the same thing over and over there wasn't much variation. The Wii also offered more modern music.
  • vanillavixxen
    vanillavixxen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you all for your input! I love hearing your experiences :)
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have zumba for the wii and i love it.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Sorry to go against hte positive vibe but I'm assuming you want a range of responses.

Personally, I can't see any good in Zumba at all.

I've tried 4 different instructors in 3 different locations because I was so excited when I first heard about it and because so many poeple have said how good it is.

I found 2 of the classes a lot of fun but the routines were simple and I wasn't tired or breathless by the end of the class.
    I found the other 2 classes excrutiatingly dull. The choreography was embarrassingly basic and when one woman told us we were going to 'cool down' I was still waiting to warm up and had my jumper on!

I've heard that the instructors vary much more than other classes ebcause the training course is so short? So some will be amazing dancers and others will just have taken this specific training and not actually have any talent. Don't know if that's true though.

I think perhaps Zumba is a good way for older or less fit people to get into exercise but if you are relatively fit then it isn't going to provide you witha challenge.

I think Body Jam is a better dance workout but even that isn't a workout when you compare it to other fitness classes. How they can say things like Zumba and Bodyjam can burn as many calories as Spinning or Body Attack I really don't know!

If you enjoy dance then I think you're better off at an actual dance class and not trying to make it a work out when it isn't
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I went to one evening class at our Rec Center and it was to crowded, because it was so popular. They were even doing it in the "big" gym area.

I'm trying another one in about an hour-it's brand new to the Rec. Zumba and Shred-hopefully it won't be to crowded and I can get a feel for it.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba dance for the Xbox and I love it.

I also joined a new gym recently just to take classes. I love Zumba, it is a fun vigorous workout. Every instructor is different, but really its a bit of a fast dance class.

FYI, I also take kickbox and lift.