Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I want abs.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My original reason was a vacation we have planned for November. I didn't want to be the fat person in the group we are going with. Now that I have seen I can do this, I want to do it for several reasons.

The challenge - to show all the people that didn't think I could do this - that I did it
    Vanity - I want to look good in the cute clothes, not look like a blimp that someone put cute stuff on
    My ex - he left me because I was to heavy to be attractive to him - I want to be able to strut my stuff and say this is what you threw to the curb Muther #ucker! lol
  • kaila_gonzalez13
    Options
    Right now my main reason is so I can become a great athlete. My main sport is volleyball, and since I plan on playing for the PSU volleyball team in college, I know I need to be in top physical shape.

Also, I want to be happy and healthy. And I want other girls to look at me and think, "I want to be her." I want to know that I have set myself up for a long, healthy life.

Finally, I want to become a Physical Education Teacher, and I want to be able to change kids lives and lead them down the path of healthiness. If I'm going to preach about being fit, then I need to BE fit myself.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    1. better health
    2. Better testimony for Christ
    3. not hate pictures of myself.

Biggest thing is better health, I am at a risk of diabetes and have high cholesterol (trying to avoid medications)
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    1 More stamina
    2 Hold off diabetes, strengthen bones, find some muscles
    3 Wear the smaller clothes in my closet
    4 Skinny all my life; don't like THIS body at all!!!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My WHY that got me started was seeing pictures of myself (gross) .. My WHY now is to feel better & be more healthy..
  • eletelephant
    Options
    1. health (have had high bp issues in the past)
    2. because we have to wear a white gi in karate
    3. because when I eat healthier, my family eats healthier
    4. to wear shorts and sleeveless shirts
    5. to not hate having my picture taken
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My weight has prevented me from living a rich, full life.

1) I want to fit on roller coasters again. The first one I sat on where the belt wouldn't fit: THAT was a revelation.
    2) My back hurts all the time because of my belly.
    3) My ankles hurt all the time...same reason.

This is no way to live.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to lose weight and I'm very happy to have met that goal.
    I want to be strong!!! I want back muscles that will promote good posture and avoid damaging my shoulders any more than i already may have. I want to be completely selfish, doing this work solely for me. I want to run ten km any time with ease. I want to enjoy all physical activities :) because I am at my fittest. I want to avoid injuries and continue to have strong bones. I want to keep pushing myself and I want to to have a fantastic body as I age.
  • Robin_Anne
    Robin_Anne Posts: 54
    Options
    1. You know when you're fat and you sit down. What's the first thing you do? Roll your shoulders forward in a C shape with your body to make your stomach "concave" or that's what your brain is thinking. I want to be able to lean back in a chair and stay in that position without placing a purse on my lap to hide the fat rolls and/or cross my arms across the stomach area as if my chubby hands folded in that area is somehow hiding my large body--cause it ain't!

2. I want to wear a skirt in the summer and not have to worry about legs rubbing together until it makes red, chaffing burn marks after walking five blocks.

3. I want to be able to fit into cute shoes and not having fat roll out of high heels (when I look to the side in the mirror).

4. I want to never have to worry about the position of a camera or where the angle may catch my double chin--because my chin will be just a chin. You could lay on the floor and point the frick'n camera up at me and I wouldn't care because it would be a slim chin.

5. You know when you Facetime or use Skype? What's the first thing you do? Freak out about the level of laptop or iPhone in terms of what makes you look the least fat.

6. Being a normal, thin size would allow me to focus stress on actual stress vs. self-absorbed notions of jello-wy fat bouncing around my body. I could stress instead of whether the lipstick was the right shade of red or whether the mini skirt was short enough. you know, the "important" things in life.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Simply to look hot and feel comfortable in my own skin and to be able to wear what I want.
  • Robin_Anne
    Robin_Anne Posts: 54
    Options

My ex - he left me because I was to heavy to be attractive to him - I want to be able to strut my stuff and say this is what you threw to the curb Muther #ucker! lol

so funny! As they say, the best revenge is living life well.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    1.) I wanted my energy and life back. - I was feeling very depressed and sluggish, and after not weighing myself for a few months, I finally did and much to my dismay, I had gained over 30 pounds! So I got serious and soon I had more energy than I knew what to do with. I only planned on losing those pounds I gained, but ended up losing twice as much! :D

2.) I wanted to feel pretty. My husband has always found me beautiful and I have been a large girl throughout most of our relationship. But I wanted to feel beautiful, too, and when I feel unhealthy, it's not a good feeling.

3.) Nothing is more refreshing than being able to walk into any store and know that I can find my size (and not having to worry about whether I can squeeze into the largest size the store carries or not) and that I have options. That's something I've never experienced before and I love it (though my wallet doesn't, lol)!

4.) I want to be healthy, plain and simple.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    1 Healthy, therefore happy
    2 The better I look, the more confidant I feel
    3 To approach 50 years old, and then think about the next 50 years
    4 So I'm in shape enough to fu** up any hoe who even thinks about going after my hubby (Yeah I'm possessive and insecure.. who isnt?t)
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1. To inspire others to be healthy
    2. To finally be the "skinny one"
    3. Wear my 2 piece without any cover-ups
    4. To see my muscles (losing fat)
    5. Wearing my new smaller clothes
    5. To make my husband and family proud
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally "selfish" here.
    - To look great naked (who doesn't want that)
    - Even more "endurance" :bigsmile:
    - Fit in and look amazing in smaller, cute, fashionable clothes. To have my pick of whatever I want, not just to limited kinds.
    - To be able to comfortably run for 30 min+.
    - To be able to lift more than a bag of potatoes without getting sore afterwards. LOL
    - To be more comfortable around men :tongue:
    - And most important - to have unquestionable amounts of confidence that shines to everyone who sees me. And to feel great about myself all together :heart:
  • Heatherpc2
    Heatherpc2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My WHY first and foremost is so I feel comfortable again! I want to fit in my clothes and have all the energy needed to keep up with my toddler. I also want to feel beautiful again....and I am on my way,
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see. I want to be strong as hell, I want my kids and my wife to be proud of me. I lost my dad at 48 (I was 10) and I want to be around for my grandkids. And maybe, just maybe, wrestle one more time.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    To be confident in myself. I spent so long being self conscious with no confidence that now it's just a case of getting a buzz off of the confidence boost!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Because the meds I had been on caused me to gain alot of weight very quickly and didn't wanna have to buy new clothing. Am off those and on better ones now so that's helping but is still frustrating taking a long time to get where I used to be. So I can get some real abs and real muscles. Even though I am pretty strong right now already. Mostly so I feel comfortable in public in a bathing suit or so I can feel comfortable wearing summer dresses and like how I look in them.