Suggestions needed for healthy snacks

Options
HS2305
HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
I work in an office so usually I am always snacking on crisps or biscuits. Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy snacks other than fruit and veg?

I'm not a massive of nuts and I'm lactose intolerant which limits my choices a tad.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    524px-Mini_pretzel_rods.JPG

I like pretzels, normally you can have around 28 grams for about 110 calories and that gives you quite a few to snack on.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem, so I didn't eat anything, but now my desk draw has easy things like:

Cherry tomatoes
    Light Babybel
    Chicken slices in the fridge
    Protein shake
    Fat free yoghurt
    Raw cashew nuts
    Fruit and veg to snack on

I have easy things. If you have the time to prep, there's an endless list to avoid those biscuits (and I do feel your pain, we have things brought in every single day).
  • erinbuberin
    Options
    I like carrot sticks, cucumber sticks and raw pepper with hummus. You can buy little pots of hummus that you can just take with you :)
  • the1darren
    the1darren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about a lean protein shake? GNC has a lot of choices as well as other similar retail outlets. Also mozzarella string cheese, or maybe yogurt! Also, Special K has many 100 calorie snacks. Some of my favorites are Chips (Yes, CHIPS. lol) with seal salt (30 Chips=110 Callries) and Honey BBQ chips (27 chips=110 Calories). I hope this helps!
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions, I will definitely give some of these a go.