THE BODY PLEDGE

Options
I thought I'd share and post something really motivational that has helped me "keep going" over the past little while. It's a "body pledge" because let's face it, we ALL neglect our bodies and treat them badly. So, take a look at this. I think it's something we should all vow to ourselves DAILY:

Thanks for listening,

Gia

Today I pledge to love my body.

I pledge to refrain from saying derogatory things about my weight, shape, or appearance. If I talk about my body, it will be to tell the world how absolutely fabulous it is.

I pledge to hold others accountable to respecting my body in all its shapely glory. I will not allow others to create the definitions of what is right for my body. I will make those decisions and stand firm by them.

I pledge to honour the signals that my body sends me. I will sleep when I’m tired, eat when I’m hungry, and drink when I’m thirsty. I will play when my body needs movement and slow down when it needs rest. I will listen closely.

I pledge to treat my body well, just for being amazing. I will do things that give my body pleasure in all forms, as long as those things don’t hurt me.

I pledge to stand up for the right of all bodies to be treated with respect. I will defend others whom I hear bullied and will take action when society tries to tell us what the “right” body is.

I pledge to move my body in ways that give me joy and energy. I will bend and twist and stretch and jump, but I will not devote hours of my life to activity that brings my body pain, tension, or stress.

I pledge to be honest with myself about my body and it’s needs and desires. I will not hide behind lies that I am not good enough, tall enough, attractive enough, thin enough, or just enough.

I pledge to teach others to love their bodies as well, by modeling a positive attitude toward my body and showing others that acceptance is possible. I will inspire in others what I wished someone inspired in me.

Replies

• Odessa1972
    Odessa1972 Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome. i love it. I needed to read that. Thank you
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said!
  • martybartram
    martybartram Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Very nice, going to share that with my wife right now!
  • giabelle
    giabelle Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Glad you all love it as much as I do. It's definitely something to print out and pin up, wherever you can see it often!

Happy Wednesday, my FP Peeps!!

Love Ya!!
  • camping4the4ofus
    Options
    I couldn't have said that better myself. Thank you for sharing!!
  • lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    I pledge not to put alcohol and junk food into my body and feel like crap in morning. My body is good to me and I need to be good to it!!

I pledge to be kind to myself if I do slip up and get right back on track - I am only human and make mistakes but... I will not let this go on until I gain all the weight back.
  • giabelle
    Options
    Amazing!!! Glad you all liked it!! :)
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I pledge to get educated about how my body works. And what every organ does. It is me!
  • sugarnspice33
    sugarnspice33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed. I'm going to use this as a daily affirmation. I'm at maintenance level and realized how programed we are to loath our bodies.

We must be mindful how we talk to ourselves <3
  • giabelle
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed. I'm going to use this as a daily affirmation. I'm at maintenance level and realized how programed we are to loath our bodies.

We must be mindful how we talk to ourselves <3

So glad you liked it Hun! All the best to you!!! :)