Body regulating itself???

Options
My normal day I weigh myself is Tuesday but I forgot to yesterday. When I weighed myself first thing this morning, it was showing that I had gained back almost half of the weight I have lost in a week! Is this possible??? I've stayed under my calorie goal every day for the past week and have gone walked and/or done my JM workout every day, except one. (With all the errands I did there was a lot of walking!) I haven't done anything differently in the past week then the past month.

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate by 5 lbs day to day (and within a day). You're probably just bloated.
  • cmc71
    cmc71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Completely normal. I've even had this happen for a few weeks in a row (despite heavy exercise and rigorous calorie counting). It's often followed by a big loss (at least for me). Trust the math and that if you're eating at a calorie deficit, sooner or later the weight WILL come off. If you're female, the time before/after your period can also see fairly significant weight gain.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight. You may have overdone the sodium this week. Or have done more exercise. Or weighed yourself at a slightly different time of day.

Ooooorrrrr you may have done everything right and it's just a natural fluctuation! I can fluctuate 7 pounds over the course of a day! Just carry on and see what the scales say next week! :flowerforyou:
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself again this morning. Saw MUCH better numbers today! :happy:

However, the depressing numbers of yesterday made me not care about my workout and I didn't do it last night. :frown: I had skipped doing in Tuesday as I am working on a craft project that MUST be done by June 13 (so I can go get a frame on the 14th as I need to have it ready to give it to the person on the 15th) and I decided to work on it all night to get one section finished and skipped my workout. I did the same thing last night, and I seemed to have lost my motivation. :cry: I'm hoping the better numbers on today's scales get me motivated to do it again!
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    It seems like all of my posts today are about the same thing: The dreaded sodium word.

Could you be overindulging in your sodium intake, leading you to retain more water on your weigh-on day? My long-running joke is that I'l only weigh in on either Thursday morning or Saturday morning. The main reason is, those are purposefully light sodium days as I am doing long-distance running and I add different types of electrolytes to my system.

I find that I can "gain" upwards of 5 pounds from 2 slices of pizza and a salad for a day or so. Just be cognizant of your sodium intake.

Good luck, and as always, YMMV.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You gotta change your mind set. Depressing numbers make me more determined to follow the rules I have set and to make sure to exercise. Also, focus on your body and how you look/feel. There are some days I know I'm gonna be heavier, I just feel heavier, look more rounded. So I focus on my diet those days and make sure to not skip work outs. A few days later, I feel and weigh better.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It seems like all of my posts today are about the same thing: The dreaded sodium word.

Could you be overindulging in your sodium intake, leading you to retain more water on your weigh-on day? My long-running joke is that I'l only weigh in on either Thursday morning or Saturday morning. The main reason is, those are purposefully light sodium days as I am doing long-distance running and I add different types of electrolytes to my system.

I find that I can "gain" upwards of 5 pounds from 2 slices of pizza and a salad for a day or so. Just be cognizant of your sodium intake.

Good luck, and as always, YMMV.

I rarely go over my sodium intake. (Though today I had no time for breakfast so I stopped at Tim Hortons and got a ham and cheese buscuit. Yikes! That thing is high in sodium!)