How often are you changing your clothes size?

Options
I've been on a lifestyle change since January. Although my tag shows a 23 lb weight loss, the reality is that as of this morning it is 55. I still have a way to go, but I'm feeling great.

Just wondering how often people are changing size? I lost 45 lbs before I let myself go out and buy some new pants (I've never been a person to keep old clothes in the closet in hopes of fitting back in)...so I'm having to get a new wardrobe as the weight drops (horrible problem I know). I bought 4 new pairs of pants beginning of May now 2 of them are too big (but can still wear them), 1 is ok and the other is too big (even though they're all the same size). That's in about 3 weeks.

Just curious how often people are dropping sizes.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Replies

• FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've lost `43lbs to date and haven't bought new clothes yet, though I need to. I had some clothes stashed away that were a couple sizes smaller which has helped me out. I am about to go to Goodwill and buy some smaller jeans and smaller shirts.........Now to the question..... In 3 months I've gong form a tight fitting 42 waist to a comfortable 36. For me, it'd equate to a pant size every month or so.
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I hear your frustration. I have one pair of jeans that actually fits. Ive bought two pair in between from when I started back in august last year. They look terrifying to say the least. I dont enjoy shopping... spandex for life lol. I would say until your closer to your goal dont waste your money. Besides clothes are very inexpensive now if you want to shop inbetween. I'm down 25lbs and the smallest I ve been. I size 4 fits comfortably.
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A better question would be "how often am I not?" Seriously, I've been shrinking out from under my clothes like crazy. It's getting a little ridiculous.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    every time I drop a pant size I get all new pants.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've been on a lifestyle change since January. Although my tag shows a 23 lb weight loss, the reality is that as of this morning it is 55. I still have a way to go, but I'm feeling great.

Just wondering how often people are changing size? I lost 45 lbs before I let myself go out and buy some new pants (I've never been a person to keep old clothes in the closet in hopes of fitting back in)...so I'm having to get a new wardrobe as the weight drops (horrible problem I know). I bought 4 new pairs of pants beginning of May now 2 of them are too big (but can still wear them), 1 is ok and the other is too big (even though they're all the same size). That's in about 3 weeks.

Just curious how often people are dropping sizes.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Most expensive part of this process has been going through cloths every few months ... I work in a office so I have to dress appropriately.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't understand my body sometimes. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I dropped almost 60 pounds in just a few months. I would go shopping regularly but could never fully squeeze into the next size down. Then it seemed like I suddenly went down 3 sizes - from a 24 to an 18, in the last month.

That's happening again!! I really don't get it lol I've lost 25 pounds since January, I started at a size 20. But I still can't wiggle myself into an 18. It's so frustrating
  • redrumxtina
    redrumxtina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All the time. I have went down 8 pants sizes in 6 months and ready to go down to a smaller size again.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    For me, it's been about 3 months, 17 pounds down.....and I haven't changed sizes yet. :-(

I have gone from an uncomfortably tight fit on one particular pair of pants, to having them fit quite nicely, even 'loosely'. I've gone from wearing some other pants comfortably, no belt, to *requiring* a belt on them so I'm not constantly pulling them up.

But other pants still fit reasonably well - I'm wearing a belt with them (and the belt has gone down two notches from where I began), but I could get away without a belt.

Because my clothing seems so schizo, I don't think I'll be buying anything until I lose another probably 15-20 pounds...I'll just cinch up the belt until it gets ridiculous. Another 15-20 pounds will be right at my goal though, so if I like the way I look, I'll have no problem buying a new wardrobe then. It will all depend on whether I feel I need some serious weight lifting to get the shape I want - because if I don't have it at my goal weight, then that means that lifting has more work to do than I previously thought!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    Ive lost about 55 lbs, still have more to go, but I found it easier to buy super cheap clothes because I find myself not being able to fit in the clothes I had purchased the week before.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    When i first started this journey I was wearing a tight 22W. It took a long time until i wound change sizes during the beginning. Plus sizes take a longer time to drop sizes. So at that point it was like every 3 months. Once i hit about a 14 they dropped much quicker. I'm now at an 8 and it seems like i drop every month or so? Thankfully I am a stay at home mom so i havent had to buy TOO many clothes in the past year & a half. I lived in yoga pants for the first year and now i pretty much live in leggings. They fit a broad range of sizes so its not a big deal. Started in those in an XXL and now in a Medium. I just am (im)patiently waiting to get to goal and go on a huge shopping spree!
  • mamas0811
    mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i havent let myself go buy anything either.. until this past weekend i bought a couple things.. i donated all my old clothes which some where a 10/12 im in my old jeans (yes i saved them) lol.. which are a size 4/5 ,my dress size a small and shirt size is small.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I dropped a pants size for every 8-10 lbs I lost.

I didn't buy any new clothes until I was down about 60 lbs, though. It was awful wearing such baggy stuff, but I didn't wanna buy too much knowing I'd have to buy more in just 20 more lbs.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Gone from size 20-22(UK) to midway between 12-14 (UK) since July last year (80lb loss) - it's hard to keep up!
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I dunnoo... since I started, I dropped about one size in pants, from 12-14 (though I was too proud to wear 14, lol) to 10-12, depending on the cut and style. I think it takes me about 6-8 weeks to drop a pants size judging from this. I have hips that won't leave!
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    I started my life-style change in January of this year and I just recently went out and got new pants, and shirts and a friend gave me some of her old pants for work too. I have lost almost 15 pounds.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was seeing a drop at about every 20lbs.
    At 223 I was snug in 38s (no belt), at around 200 I was wearing 36s pretty snug.
    At 180 36s with a belt, or 34s pretty snug.

Now since I've gotten leaner they've been dropping faster, since I'm losing more in my butt and thighs. In the low 170s now and I'm wearing 34s with a belt.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight last summer and had to buy all new clothes. I'm still working out and added weight lifting tomy routine. As my body fat has been dropping my waist has gotten smaller and my shoulders are a bit broader. I went from a 32" waist last summer now down to a 29 which has started to become a bit loose.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    All the time. I have went down 8 pants sizes in 6 months and ready to go down to a smaller size again.

THAT is awesome!!!

I've lost nearly 50 pounds and I've only dropped 2 sizes :( I'm very short though so I was REALLY round, and am still round, just not as round. LOL! I figure eventually I will get there!

At one time, I had 8 sizes in my closet!!!
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The first 55 lbs i only lost 2 sizes, the last 25 lbs (sins feb. 1st) I lost a whopping 3 sizes :laugh:
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing 31w jeans since 176 lbs. They were a bit on the tight side. At 154 lbs, I could slide them off without unbuttoning. Now at 150 lbs, they're getting tight again, but in different places than before. Now it's not the waistband that's straining on my muffin top... Now it's my magnificent squat booty... Or, that's how I like to think of it... Magnificent or not, my butt and thighs are getting more muscular and my formerly loose pants are tight again, even at a lower weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!