Oh no! I gained 8 pounds....

Options

Replies

• Dmahood47
    Dmahood47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. You have inspired me to get started in some strength training. Thank you for your post.

Dianne
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow u Look friggin amazing!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. You have inspired me to get started in some strength training. Thank you for your post.

Dianne

That makes me happy to hear :-) Clearly I'm a big fan of the New Rules of Lifting seriies, either one is a good place for a beginner!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Love it! Gaining weight never looked so good!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    absolutely love this post! :heart:

show just how important weight training is on to way to a better healthier life. Kudos to you and you look fantastic
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's great, you look really good :-)

You also look taller!!!

Have you grown?

Well done on what you've achieved :smile:
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome awesome! Thanks for sharing! You look smoking hot!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Thank you thank you THANK YOU for sharing!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I came into this thread expecting panic over an 8lb (mostly water weight) gain from a temporary binge/holiday or something similar.

Love that I saw a fantastic success story instead. Great job, you look fantastic! Yay for lifting! :happy:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I love the muscle gains, but I especially love that you look more balanced and grounded. You really look confident.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Well done you, you're an inspiration!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I love the muscle gains, but I especially love that you look more balanced and grounded. You really look confident.
    You also look taller!!!

Have you grown?

So both of these are probably observations of my scoliosis. I have a curved spine. Initially losing weight did in fact make me "taller" and more balanced on an good day since my spine curves less. I have many many more good days as I strengthen my core.... less pain, better posture, etc which is very visible from these pictures! :laugh:
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great job. Muscles are awesome.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That's great, you look really good :-)

You also look taller!!!

Have you grown?

Well done on what you've achieved :smile:

I can't answer your question for them but for me, when I started working out routinely, I grew almost a full half inch. Not Grew physically but I stand up straight now and have better posture which apparently makes a big difference.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look so strong and beautiful! i love it! :heart: Well done!!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I came into this thread expecting panic over an 8lb (mostly water weight) gain from a temporary binge/holiday or something similar.

Love that I saw a fantastic success story instead. Great job, you look fantastic! Yay for lifting! :happy:

I had to work crazy hard to gain 8 pounds. I kept upping and upping my calories. I was at almost 3000 by the end. Wish more people would realize that when they panic about 3 pound swings!
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great work!!!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!