Need Help getting motivated/any suggestion????

Options
I go back and forth with dieting, I do good for a week or 2 and then notice that I'm not losing any weight... I know its not going to happen over night but I get upset then go back to my old ways... I really need to lose weight... I need to lose 80 pounds fast!!!! If I don't start dropping the weight I don't know where I will see myself going... I always put everyone else before me.. I started to focus on myself.. I go tanning to make me feel & look good and I like the way it looks so I still doing that but I love food... Any HELP with this would me GREAT

Replies

• IlanaBenMa
    IlanaBenMa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I really want this to work but think perhaps it will work better if I have someone encouraging me to honestly enter my food and exercise!

Margie
  • chixxer
    chixxer Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree 100% its easier to have a partner to work together with... But maybe we can use this our partnership..lol
  • proudtobeme
    Options
    I find that keeping my favorite cereals with me at all times will help when I have the urge to cheat. You may like popcorn or the KUDOS for something chocolate. Then I think, KUDOES to me for not cheating. We have to stay focused.
  • kimmielou1957
    Options
    Hi! There's no way to lose 80 pounds fast and keep it off. I put little signs in strategic places that say, "WHAT IS THE GOAL?" It just keeps me focused. The biggest deal for me is to stay on track - if you east something that is high calorie, walk for 30 minutes. If you get off for a day, don't stay off - get right back on it the next day. THIS IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE AND YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck . . . :)
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day so you just do the best that you can to make good food choices, if you happen to go over on your calories for a day you get a clean slate tomorrow. Also, exercise is important, you need to make sure that your moving and don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move as quickly as you would like. We didn't put the weight on overnight so unfortunately it's not coming off overnight either (although wouldn't that be AWESOME). Good luck on your journey, you'll do great.:happy:
  • thinmint23
    Options
    :happy: i agree it is def hard to keep motivated but what i kind of do to keep me motivated is i have a picture of me a long time of ago(at the weight i want to be at) and a current pic of me next to it and i hang on my fridge so everytime i open my fridge i see the 2 pictures and keep telling myself thats what i want to look like! also i have a pair of jeans i fit into along time ago hanging up on the out side of my closet door so it keeps me motivated on working hard at my goal so i can one day fit back into those jeans! =) losing weight wont happen over night but if u have the right encouragement and support it can make it alot easier! :happy: hope this helps!