After dinner snacks

Options
What's are some great after dinner snacks that will not sabotage weight loss. . .?
I recently read that that should be no eating 3 hrs before bed. I find myself really hungry if. Have a light dinner and am up for a while . Late night uncontrolled snacking is one of the things that got me in trouble with weight gain.

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    What's are some great after dinner snacks that will not sabotage weight loss. . .?
    I recently read that that should be no eating 3 hrs before bed. I find myself really hungry if. Have a light dinner and am up for a while . Late night uncontrolled snacking is one of the things that got me in trouble with weight gain.

I have a terrible sweet tooth sometimes so I will eat 1 serving of fat free cottage cheese with 1 serving of frozen berries and sometimes I will add a single packet of slenda to sweeten it up. It's filling and curbs that sweet tooth :-) The 3 hour rule is a myth. If you eat at or below your daily calories you can have a snack closer to bedtime and it won't matter. I have my late night snack at 8:30 and I'm in bed at 9:00
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    During the summer I love to have strawberries on top of plain greek yogurt. It's got protein, it's fairly low in calories, and it satisfies my sweet tooth so I don't feel like I've had to skip dessert.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn with brewers yeast and garlic powder on it sometimes a little salt if I want salty crunchy

pineapple with or with out greek yo or cottage chz...sometimes pineapple is enough and makes other foods taste weird after I eat it so I dont want anything else..maybe its just me lol

veggies and hummus or cucumbers with some rice vinegar
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I eat fiber plus antioxidant granola bar things and they have different flavors. About 130 calories
  • ritag1998
    ritag1998 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yogurt and cucumbers. Both are low in calories. :)
  • VaporsVaporizer
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello (10 Cals) and light whipped cream (15Cals/2Tbs)
    Sugar Free pudding (70Cals/snack size)
    Edy's Fruit bars(50 Cals snack size)
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love air popped popcorn with Kernel Season's fat free (calorie free) butter flavored spritzer and Kernel Season's seasonings (my favorite is the white cheddar). Also I'm a big fan of greek yogurt. For a treat I will buy Skinny Cow treats to have occasionally. Plus ice cream is my weakness so I get Edy's Slow Churn 1/2 the fat less calories ice cream and plain cones. :smile:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into the whole not eating in the evening thing. I set aside calories for a big evening snack (usually popcorn but sometimes dark chocolate too) because I enjoy snacking in the evening. Calories are calories, whenever you eat them.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I like the mini bags of lime sea salt popcorn
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I usually have a BIG bowl of Iogo 0% yogurt (400 grams) with frozen raspberries, a chocolate bar ( reece's peanut butter cups, cookies and creme, kinder etc), and another snack of about 200 or so cals.

And yes I have all of these most every evening after supper. I plan most of my day around it.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love a cup of tea with some milk and a few arrowroot cookies (the ones that people usually give their babies for teething.) The arrowroot cookies are low in fat and sugar. 5 are only 150 calories. I also love dry roasted almonds with no salt, or unsalted pistachios.
  • speedkills66
    Options
    My go to snack: Carrots. Satisfies my sweet tooth and the need to eat something crunchy..NO fat, no guilt.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, celery sticks with almond butter, nuts, ice cream, protein shake...
  • deanna_67
    deanna_67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered frozen Greek Yogurt Bars. They are only 70 calories and sooo good! They satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Anything you have calories left for that fits your macros and makes you happy.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.
  • maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Microwave 3Tblsp popcorn in a brown lunch bag folded over twice..for about 1:25min...cheap treat!!!
    Hot tea or coffee (decaf) and cinnamon/raisin Ezekiel bread toasted topped with creamy peanut butter!!
  • jlanderson80
    Options
    I usually have air popped popcorn, sugar free pudding or vanilla yogurt
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Repeating this.

Sometimes popcorn makes me happy. Sometimes cereal makes me happy. Sometimes strawberries with whipped cream or a banana smore make me happy.

I make sure that the food I'm eating throughout the day meets my nutritional needs. Then, it's not a big deal to eat whatever I want at night.

Also, meal timing has no impact on weight loss.