• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon has more protein, less fat

you forgot less awesome.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bacon is fabulous! I just eat uncured nitrate free bacon, still has all the glorious fat porky taste I love with out the nitrate headaches....sometimes even the headache I get from cured bacon is worth it though....
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I ask the same question about ground turkey vs lean ground beef. Not much advantage and the texture sucks, so I just eat the real stuff in moderation. Can't live without my bacon and meatloaf!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon just tastes like ham, why bother, eat real BACON!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I freaking love turkey bacon. Then again, I don't eat pork, so if I want that nitritey goodness, it's turkey for me.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have a question. . .why turkey bacon? It has only 10 calories less per 2 slices and more sodium than regular. All the other numbers were pretty close. . . So why choose turkey bacon? I am fairly new and just trying to understand. . .thanks

People have intolerance to red meat ....
    Some people don't eat pork, either due to religion or personal reasons ...

Eat what you want ... do what you want sir, my friend eats bacon everyday and says the same thing as some other dude commented as long as your working out daily it wont impact you in a negative way... moderation is key.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I just want to try some CMMG Tactical Bacon!!!

True bacon addicts can finally relax. Thanks to Tactical Bacon, this greasy ambrosia can now be stored for up to 10 years in canned form, making it the perfect addition to any 2012 End-of-Days pantry. Fully cooked and ready to eat, each can contains roughly 54 slices. However, once opened, be prepared to binge with the rest of your surviving compatriots, as any leftovers must be refrigerated from then on. Also, don’t expect a fresh-from-the-griddle taste; these strips are highly preserved and made for the long haul.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/gadget/tactical-bacon.html#ixzz2UixbcSZ9
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The answer is you don't choose turkey bacon. Eat pork bacon. It's the right way to do it.
    I eat bacon everyday.

^ THIS!! Eat the real thing.. turkey bacon tastes like fried bologna- yuck!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    BACON BACON BACON

is delicious
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    its easier to clean the pan after frying turkey bacon and they dont shrivel up as such
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My wife doesn't eat pork, but loves the smell of bacon when I cook it, so I occasionally get turkey bacon so she can have some. The taste is a decent approximation of real bacon (for someone who has never eaten the real thing before).

But now I see someone post about lamb bacon and am thinking that may be a better alternative.
  • susanskip
    susanskip Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like Butterball fully cooked turkey bacon. Only 30 cals for two slices, done in 30 secs and tastes pretty good. I love pork bacon, but after comparison, this seems like the healthier alternative to me.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BACON.......There is NO substitute......:love::love: :love:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon has more protein, less fat
    Source?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor