C25K...I just wanna brag to someone LOL

Options
2»

Replies

• mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and about the same weight range.
    Last summer with MFP I lost 30+ pounds and during that journey I picked up an APP that took you from couch to 5K in 9 weeks.
    It works
    Ran my first 5K last September in about 38 minutes, no walking!
    I plan to do the same this year, but I'm getting an earlier start.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Pfffffffffffft! Its always great to conquer something new! Congratulations! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!! You sound just like I did when I finished my first week....Now am on to week 3 Yahoo!!! We can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome feeling isn't it?!
  • amandanndel
    amandanndel Posts: 47
    Options
    Im around 260lb never ran in my whole life, but bought myself a treadmill (due to having agrophobia and not going outside alot). Im on week 1 day 3 and today I ran a whole 1 minute without feeling like I was going to die on the spot :D.

Now obviously I know this isnt a huge acomplishment to most people...but to me this is great!

Congratulations!!!!! That's awesome keep up the great work!!!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! I'm 275 and just this week went from 30 seconds to 60. It feels awesome!
  • ghfit
    ghfit Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! That's a great feat.

I use the app too, and did Week 3 Day 1 today. When I finished the first 3 minute run I had my hands up in the air.

There's a group on here too, if you want to check it out. I've gotten some good advice. People are in all stages of the program

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Getting started is the hardest part and I agree with the person above me, the c25k board on here is full of supportive people that have all been where you are and that have great advice. Come join us over there :)
  • SamanthaMitch1981
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I am so sore today, my thigh muscles feel like they are burning. Gotta be a goood thing right?
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Im around 260lb never ran in my whole life, but bought myself a treadmill (due to having agrophobia and not going outside alot). Im on week 1 day 3 and today I ran a whole 1 minute without feeling like I was going to die on the spot :D.

Now obviously I know this isnt a huge acomplishment to most people...but to me this is great!

You're wrong, it IS a huge accomplishment! Going from nothing to one minute is far harder than going from fifteen to twenty minutes, in my opinion.

The nice thing about the C25K is that it doesn't get any harder. I mean, of course it does, but because your fitness is increasing at the same rate at the program it stays challenging but achievable. And the best thing is that every week you get to feel that awesome sense of accomplishment because every week you will run a little bit longer than you ever thought you could.