Last 10lbs Fat Protein Vegetables

Options
Who thinks that I can drop the last 10lbs in 4-6 weeks by only eating Healthy fat, protein and vegetables any time I am hungry??? Prob through in 2 fruits a day as well. That's it! And stick with my 3 day heavy lifting Strong Lifts and 2-3 days cardio...

Replies

• skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would include some kind of complex carb - maybe quinoa, potatoes/sweet potatoes, other whole grains...
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable, but I would throw in some whole-grains.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I read online today that the quickest way to lose the last 10lbs is to go Fat, protein, veggies for 3-4 weeks and see what happens.... they also said NOT to up ur exercise: stay the same or a little less even.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    But ya, I could easily throw in a piece of wholegrain bread or some wholegrain rice....
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would stop your current workouts and switch to circuit training. In my opinion that type of workout burns the most fat.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Whole30 to me
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Circuit training??? But I want to get a nice muscle defined body and go from 24% to 20% BF. I think heavy lifting and cardio with this meal plan will do the trick
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Sounds like Whole30 to me

Huh, whole30????
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Who thinks that I can drop the last 10lbs in 4-6 weeks by only eating Healthy fat, protein and vegetables any time I am hungry??? Prob through in 2 fruits a day as well. That's it! And stick with my 3 day heavy lifting Strong Lifts and 2-3 days cardio...

if all you eat is 2 apples plus all the grilled chicken and broccoli you can stomach (or other healthful substitutes....and also throw in some olive oil, nuts etc in moderation....), then you can definitely lose tons of weight w/o feeling hugry
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

Hmmm! I looked at the website. Sucks that is says only "one bite of pizza" can mess up the whole reset metabolism thing. I was planning on doing something like this for the month of June but I have a wedding to go to in June and I will be eating the beef meal and I will be drinking. I really wanted to do this for June but maybe there's no point since im going to this wedding OR is there a point. Maybe i will still lose weight if i do the program 29 days, out of 30. The wedding is on day 14. Thoughts?
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

He doesn't advocate crash dieting but wrote a book so people can do it the healthiest way possible without losing too much LBM.
    He advocates this for special events, contest prep etc.

And it works.

You calculate your protein needed. Then just eat protein with some veggies thrown in at each meal (no fruit).
    But you really should read the book. All based by a category level that you will fall in.

edit: and for taking the last few lbs off quickly for a wedding etc is why I advocate such a plan, I think in general people should avoid this.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can do it... however once you start eating normally again a lot of that weight will return.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hmmm! I looked at the website. Sucks that is says only "one bite of pizza" can mess up the whole reset metabolism thing. I was planning on doing something like this for the month of June but I have a wedding to go to in June and I will be eating the beef meal and I will be drinking. I really wanted to do this for June but maybe there's no point since im going to this wedding OR is there a point. Maybe i will still lose weight if i do the program 29 days, out of 30. The wedding is on day 14. Thoughts?

I would still do it. You might feel so good on day 14 that you wont want to drink. If not, its only one day and it is a special occasion.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I am not losing weight for a wedding, I just happen to be invited to one on June 14th. Also, once the 30 days is up, I will slowly ad grains and more fruits into the plan. Also, I am using Greek yogurt thru the whole plan for protein. Not giving up my love....
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    I am not losing weight for a wedding, I just happen to be invited to one on June 14th. Also, once the 30 days is up, I will slowly ad grains and more fruits into the plan. Also, I am using Greek yogurt thru the whole plan for protein. Not giving up my love....

Whether you are in the wedding or invited to one, is it not still a wedding?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

Whether you are in the wedding or invited to one, is it not still a wedding?

LOL, the wedding is irrelevant to my wanting to lose weight. I don't give a crap what I weight for the wedding. I just want to drop these last 10lbs during the month of June or more - that is my plan.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    So I just set macros at Carbs 30% (vegetables mostly)130g / Fat 35% 60g / and Protein 30% 115g

Fats will be all olive oil, almonds, and walnuts. Protein will be eggs, peanut butter, chicken, fish, shellfish, pork chops, steak, canned tuna. Carbs will be mostly vegetables and only 2 fruits per day. I will also get 12g of sugar from my Greek yogurt breaky each day. Extras will include: vinegar, soya sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce, ranch dressing....

Its only 1 month! I can do this! Then in July I will slowly ad in wholegrains - Mmmmmmmmm! And more fruit :)
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Circuit training is a mix of Cardio and strength in one workout.