Ran my 1st 5k

Options
mdoyle28
mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
I ran my 1st 5k with my daughter, who is 14, it was her 1st 5k as well, over the weekend. I have never ran in my life and am 33...It was an awesome feeling! Took us 31 mins, not sure if that's good, but we did it and that's what matters:). I do believe we will do more!

Replies

• BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That is SO awesome! I have run three in the past couple of months and have not yet touched the 31 minute range. #Impressed
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!! I ran my first 5k a few weeks ago with my husband and I loved it! Now I am running 3 or more miles per day almost every day. I just love the feeling! Keep on running!
  • lainester
    lainester Posts: 46
    Options
    Great job! That is a great time! Good for you. It's fun when you get started. I myself, try hard on not focusing on the time but being able to run the whole thing :) there are many fun runs out there and lots of good people and great feeling. It's so nice to see when you time is improved from the last though...... I must admit.
  • lyndzipage
    lyndzipage Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! That is something to pat yourself on the back about!. I too ran my first 5K about 2 weeks ago I was pushing my 9 month old daughter.

Wasn't it a fantastic feeling when you crossed the finished line!

Congrats great work!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your daughter, what a moment for you both to share. You truly are an inspiration & your 31 min first 5K Rules!!

Cheers!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! how wonderful! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • mdoyle28
    mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That was the best part was when we saw the finish line ahead of us! Huge rush of energy!
  • ouleanna
    ouleanna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a fantastic job!!! Congrats!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great time, too.
  • annieconverse
    Options
    Congrats!! That is AWESOME!! And what a great example you are setting for your daughter!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    congratulations! that is a great time too, you should both be proud of yourselves!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Well I think that is great! Good for you both!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'd say 31 minutes is a decent time especially if you are new to running that kind of distance.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    o: thats awesome.
    my first one is in July O.O i feel im not ready for it. but im still training hard as i can . <3
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    What's the average time for the first time running a 5k run? I'm curious because im looking into doing a color-run in October, just started training and have never been a runner, but I'm loving my training already!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You've never run before and you finished a 5K in 31 minutes? Dang girl.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the feeling! 31 mins is an outstanding time for your 1st 5K. Well done to you and your daughter.
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome time. Be proud! Congrats to the both of you.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Anytime is good. You started and finished.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!