How did YOU lose your last 10 lbs?

Options
1sisrat
1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
I am looking for advice. I've been eating 1500 calories or less since october 2012. I now have a one year old, though I started trying to lose the last 10 lbs in october (when she was 5 months old). I've lost 2 lbs since october.. nothing more. I weigh 140 lbs and want to get to my pre-pregnancy 130 lbs (i'm 5'5"). No, I'm not over weight, but, I want to feel like I did before.

I exercise at least 4 days a week (even if it's walking with my daughter/husband), I was always active before/during the pregnancy. I run, lift weights, aerobics, walking, bike riding, and I eat well most - clean food/veggies/fruit etc of the time (there are those holidays/anniversaries/ glasses of wine like to enjoy). I dont eat a lot of sweets, I do like salty foods, but, i dont keep them in the house. I just need some advice on the last 10 lbs. I do not have time to work out 2 hours a day, I need to eat more than 1300 cal a day to be able to function, and I want to enjoy life at the same time. I do a lot of the 'right' things, but, obviously I dont seem to have the right combination... either that or I'm deluding myself and I am doing things totally wrong.

I've tried weight watchers these past 3 months, and to no avail, didn't lose but 1 lb. I drink lots of water too. No juice, maybe 2 sodas a week, and I drink green tea in the evenings. I don't eat after 7 pm. wits end.

How did you lose the last 10 lbs?

Replies

• RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest (and maybe a little bit facetious) the same way I lost the first 10 lbs - 30 mins of exercise a day min and calorie tracking.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Slowwwwwwwwly. It took so long. It sounds like you're doing the right things so just keep on keeping on. I ate between 1400-1500 cals a day and worked out 5-6 days a week. I did a 1hr ballet class twice a week and either ran or did a Jillian Michaels DVD on the other days. I never worked out for more than an hour. Hang in there!!
  • Kristi858
    Kristi858 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eat more! I cannot say that enough. I was 144 when I started MFP, ate the recommended 1200-1300 calories a day and felt like garbage. I lost a few pounds here and there, but I didn't feel right. I even started gaining weight from what I'm guessing was my body going into starvation mode. Then I discovered this site http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ and BAM! the weight started falling off again. Based on your stats, this site says you should be eating between 2168 and 1868 calories a day. This will help feed your body and keep your metabolism from haulting. It has worked for me and many of my friends on MFP, I'm sure it will work for you too!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you ever watched a chef do an ice carving from a block of ice? Or a chainsaw sculptor? The first chunks of ice and wood come off quite quickly, but that last fine tuning and shaping takes a longer time. Think of your body as a beautiful ice sculpture.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just kept doing what I had been doing all along. I didn't change a thing (well, except that I started incorporating a cheat meal, usually on Friday nights). I didn't do it for the purpose of helping lose weight, I did it because I intend for my way of eating to be a lifestyle, and for me, never enjoying pizza, or ice cream, for example, is not reasonable for a lifetime. I figured since I was getting close, I would do something to move towards what would be realistic for me to maintain. Good luck!
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    thank you all. needed some encouragement. <3
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Small deficit and big patience:)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Have you ever watched a chef do an ice carving from a block of ice? Or a chainsaw sculptor? The first chunks of ice and wood come off quite quickly, but that last fine tuning and shaping takes a longer time. Think of your body as a beautiful ice sculpture.

^^ THIS is absolutely fan-FREAKING-tastic!!!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Eat more! I cannot say that enough. I was 144 when I started MFP, ate the recommended 1200-1300 calories a day and felt like garbage. I lost a few pounds here and there, but I didn't feel right. I even started gaining weight from what I'm guessing was my body going into starvation mode. Then I discovered this site http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ and BAM! the weight started falling off again. Based on your stats, this site says you should be eating between 2168 and 1868 calories a day. This will help feed your body and keep your metabolism from haulting. It has worked for me and many of my friends on MFP, I'm sure it will work for you too!

I looked at this website and the calorie measurements here seem much more in line with my actual experience when working out and losing weight and toning up before than MFP's projections which are several hundred calories less a day and often difficult to achieve. I agree that these calorie suggestions are probably much better for giving your body the right fuel it needs to be active and lose weight.
  • MissRebecca7
    MissRebecca7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

This is such a beautiful way to look at it!
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 10 lbs by doing high and low calories days. By switching up the amount of calories eaten, I lost the last 10 within 2-3 months.
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas. Been trying to lose the last 10 for 5 months now.