I just joined and need HELP... (:

Options
Hi... I just found this site and am loving it already.. I'm a mother of 3, Grandmother or 2 little boys. I had major surgery in September and gained 60 pounds. I was in bed for a few months but have NO excuse now. I have been saying for months that I will start doing something about this. I started 3 days ago and joined a gym. I CAN DO THIS...

Replies

• roodawgy
    roodawgy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. Word to the wise: don't eat ANYTHING out of a packet when doing this. Even if you eat a ton of calories, get it from real food. You will notice a difference :)
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, and anyone else can, too. Just be honest with yourself in your diary and exercise and stick to your goals. You will get there!
  • dk50
    dk50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats. for joining this site will work for you if you log every day..and there is great support here...feel free to add as a friend ..:smile:
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi congrat's on starting your weight loss journey. Send you a friend request. Never mind we are already friends. :blushing:
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    :happy: This site changed my life so in my opinion, you're in the right place! I was as heavey as 240 at one point, lost 55 lbs but got stuck at 170 - 180 for years! No matter how much I excercised, I could not lose weight.

Logging is key, again in my opinion, but the community is awesome! Just got tempted by a cookie at work? Send out an SOS and your friends will talk you off the ledge. Just ate your weight in cookie dough? Tell your friends, they'll encourage you and tell you to not beat yourself up and make better choices next time.

I've lost 18 lbs since March, most of it with MFP. I have leveled out due to a vacation eating free-for-all, but I'm back on track to lose another 10 or 15. Friends make the difference. I'll add you.

Good luck!
  • wanttolose62
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also a grammy of 2 and mom of 2. Too many years of saying "I'll start tomorrow". I want to lose 50. No wait, I will lose 50!

There will be good days and bad days. After the bad day is over, just open your eyes and get back to it.

If it was easy, we wouldn't be here, would we?
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have joined the site about a month ago, and it is a great tool to track your intake and exercises. You can balance your meal and get support from the team... Feel free to add me. I'll give you all the support you need... :-)
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! This site is awesome and the folks are soooo encouraging!!!!! I'm cheering you on!!! You can do this!!!!!
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I log on daily. The accountability and encouragement has been great motivation for me in so many ways.
  • kalea_kane
    kalea_kane Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It is a great help. I know you will get a lot out of it. :) Sending a friend request. :)
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I broke my ankle 3 years ago and due to limited mobility, complications from surgery and all the other fun stuff that goes along with it, I found myself in a similar place. I was almost back to my pre-injury body when I re-injured my ankle and just gave up. 2 years later, I've gained back all the weight I lost plus some and have to do all that work over. It's so much easier if you stick to your goals the first time around. This site is a huge source of motivation and it really helps to use the food and exercise tracker. I hope you can get to a better place than you were before your surgery - good luck!