Pooch of doom.

Options
13»

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The pooch of doom indeed. I've had mine since I gave birth to our daughter. She turned 24 years old yesterday. It's never disappeared, regardless of how little I weighed. It's not going to. It sucks, but not as much as being obese so I hide it as best I can and try not to let it bother me too much. :tongue:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I am nearly at goal weight now and my tummy pooch is still there - but literally in the last week or so I have noticed that it is starting to shrink down.

Just be patient and stick with your plan and you will get there - it really is the LAST place to go.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If you're an apple shape, it's probably the last thing to go, and it probably won't go until you get to the bottom end of a healthy weight, and even then, you are going to have to work for it. Even at low weights, I've still had a pooch without serious diet and exercise intervention. Some people have magic flat abs, most don't.

This is why I am still trying to lose a little more weight.

Mine is definitely a result of how far out my belly stretched with both of my pregnancies. There is some fat there, but not a lot. It's more like skin that is not taught. Even if I use my hands to tighten out my skin (like pulling it to the outside of my hips so it is completely flat) there is still some wrinkly, looser skin. I think I am stuck with it, but I am still gonna try as hard as I can to make it go away. AT least if I wear a bikini bottom or panty that is not low rise I look good, it's only when I am naked or wearing low cut underwear that you can see it.

From your profile picture, I think you look great, and you are probably being unreasonably critical of yourself. We always see these little things we'd like to change about ourselves while other people think we look phenomenal.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My pooch is from 3 c-sections. I think it might be shrinking a little. I'll take some pooch for 3 healthy boys.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    though I weigh a lot less, mine hangs like the picture on the right.... Im opting for Plastic surgery because I have yet to see anyone whose pannis looked that bad & it went away a few years after major weight loss

14a2.279140140_std.jpg
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    5 months post partum and recently just started eating much healthier and trying to work out while in full mommy mode lol but the pooch has gotten a little smaller.. it seems like it will always be there though, even before pregnancy I've had a pooch at my "thinnest"! :(
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Ok, I would like to get some real opinions from those who lost it, and those who didn't............ and I'm being REALLY REAALLLYY REEEAAALLLYYYY brave.....

Is there hope for this?

23ht6e1.jpg
    2ngu3jr.jpg

Please don't make fun, I'm super embarrassed, but would like to know the truth.
  • sarantonio
    Options
    No hope, huh? Oh well...lol
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Every smoking hot mom on my FL has had a stomach that looked like that at some point. 1 kid, 2 kids, 3 kids, and they have managed to not only have flat stomachs but rocking six packs. If they can do it, you can.

Stop worrying about what you look like right now and start focusing on your training and your calorie deficit. And don't waste my time with ab work. Full body resistance training plus cardio if you like it.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Ok, I would like to get some real opinions from those who lost it, and those who didn't............ and I'm being REALLY REAALLLYY REEEAAALLLYYYY brave.....

Is there hope for this?

23ht6e1.jpg
    2ngu3jr.jpg

Please don't make fun, I'm super embarrassed, but would like to know the truth.

If it helps at all I'd cheerfully kick an old lady to look that good in that area. :bigsmile: Even if it got no better (unlikely) you'd still look fantastic in a one piece swim suit with decent control.
  • sarantonio
    Options
    Every smoking hot mom on my FL has had a stomach that looked like that at some point. 1 kid, 2 kids, 3 kids, and they have managed to not only have flat stomachs but rocking six packs. If they can do it, you can.

Stop worrying about what you look like right now and start focusing on your training and your calorie deficit. And don't waste my time with ab work. Full body resistance training plus cardio if you like it.

I love you...lol... I know, stop worrying, easier said than done! But I believe you! I can and by God, I will... just wait:wink:

And nah, I believe in total body, my belly makes my body total, right?
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    this thread is awesome! 2 kids, both by c-section, have destroyed my tummy. I hate my apron, but it's getting smaller. I have come to terms with the fact that it may never go away completely. I just want it to shrink more. Your thread gives me hope
  • tweetspie
    tweetspie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    After having a baby, my best friend's doctor told her that she has to work especially to reattach the muscles that were stretched during pregnancy. I imagine it is a similar effect after losing weight. I would suggest googling some post-pregnancy workouts and go from there.

Can't hurt!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Ladies, there is hope!! :bigsmile:

Here's a link to a thread specifically dedicated to this very thing (and it's rolled over from a previous page, so there's about 30 page of before/after goodness in total:wink:):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/909249-moms-that-lost-belly-hang-extra-flab-stretch-marks
  • tmccarter11
    tmccarter11 Posts: 39
    Options
    thanks for all the good stories of hope when it comes to this nasty little pooch. i have one and it drives me crazy. I like the idea of eating a little cleaner. Im going to try that
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! I have a pooch and it's NOT cute!! Hoping by being clean after this week will help. Ack!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Mine looks similar, and I don't eat ready meals, take-aways (very rarely a pizza - less than once a month), all home cooked good stuff, weighed portions, lots of water.....

Its smaller than it was, and I can tuck it into jeans so it doesn't notice:laugh: Just dreading bikini time - might have to settle for one-piece.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Mine looks similar, and I don't eat ready meals, take-aways (very rarely a pizza - less than once a month), all home cooked good stuff, weighed portions, lots of water.....

Its smaller than it was, and I can tuck it into jeans so it doesn't notice:laugh: Just dreading bikini time - might have to settle for one-piece.

You just need to get a bikini with a French cut bottom, or full coverage high waist one.