Any tips for weight loss other than exercise and diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• indy_cat
    indy_cat Posts: 18
    Options
    1. Set a goal to lose 1 pound a week.
    2. Drink plenty of water.
    3. For each meal make the best food choices you can.
    4. Exercise everyday for at least 10 minutes.
    5. This will add up to success for you. It may be a slow success but you will build upon that each week.
  • kitty_kong
    kitty_kong Posts: 56
    Options
    laxatives, bulimia (not recommended), lap band, liposuction, diet pills, crack... the list goes on
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    1. Mix honey and lemon in warm water and have it after lunch and/or dinner. I read about this helping in melting fat in your body.

Not possible! Women's magazines/sites are full of crap, ignore them!

To be fair, there's a lot of bad information to wade through in the world. Basically, eat lean protein, fibre (from fruits/veg), and complex carbs, within your calorie allowance (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 ).
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    weed then go straight to bed either by yourself or with your partner/friend/acquaintance/someone special for the moment and "excercise" :) Not only will you burn some calories, but you'll have fun doing it.
    Don't smoke then stay up, its a bad combo, especially if you have treats in the cubboard.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I hear crack cocaine works wonders.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Meth!

Seriously, just eat within your allowance, do exercise if you feel like it. It's not complicated.

yup, the meth dealers down the street are looking so slim and slender. :smokin: :smokin:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hello Pals,

I had read about a few and tried some.

1. Mix honey and lemon in warm water and have it after lunch and/or dinner. I read about this helping in melting fat in your body.
    2. Put a slice of lemon in water and drink that water for the entire day.
    3. Soak some fenugreek seeds in water and eat them with water early in morning.

I tried 1st one and did notice a little difference in my food digestion making it more easy. 2nd and 3rd didn't work a lot for me.

Do you guys follow any thing else apart from exercise, work-out and diet?
    What you mentioned is broscience, meaning there's no empirical evidence to back it.
    Sleep and consistency are important.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    www.body4beliver.com
    When detoxes are part of a plan, then it's not very credible.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello Pals,

I had read about a few and tried some.

2. Put a slice of lemon in water and drink that water for the entire day.
    3. Soak some fenugreek seeds in water and eat them with water early in morning.

I tried 1st one and did notice a little difference in my food digestion making it more easy. 2nd and 3rd didn't work a lot for me.

Do you guys follow any thing else apart from exercise, work-out and diet?

Hi Sneha,
    I understand your situation. But weight loss cannot happen by eating something...................it can happen only by eating less of what you are eating and working out more. So it is a matter of calorie in vs calorie out. That being said, I found that you are not logging your food or workout here. So mostly you are walking blindfolded. A good beginning would be to log everything you are putting into your mouth. Since you want to lose weight, I assume you are eating healthy foods. But too much of healthy food is also excess calorie.
    Try logging food for a week and see if you are eating right ie at a calorie deficit. Next will come the little matter of exercising. You can start with a brisk walk for 30 minutes. I don't know your fitness level ...............but anybody can manage a 30 minute brisk walk everyday.
    Wishing you all the luck in this journey.

I just noticed that you are walking 6 miles a day...........so just have a look at your diet and the pounds will melt away in no time.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 or so I made up a diet that I called "The P Diet". All I ate was popcorn, popsicles and pickles. I got really skinny. Maybe I should write a book.